How to auto refresh filtered list when criteria is changed and display specific columns only?

stanco

Hi, I managed to set up an advance filter to extract what i need, but it is quite tedious to keep doing advanced filter based on the criteria i need. is there any way to have the filtered list to refresh whenever i cell B2?

my data is in a table in the sheet called engagement log, and it is an ever-growing list. also, there are simply too many columns (from A to CL), how do i display only certain columns results?

i tried selecting a few entire column in the list range when i was setting up the advance filter but i got the "Database or table range is not valid" error message instead.

15x91cl.png

Excel Facts

How to change case of text in Excel?
Use =UPPER() for upper case, =LOWER() for lower case, and =PROPER() for proper case. PROPER won't capitalize second c in Mccartney
is there any way to have the filtered list to refresh whenever i cell B2?

In cell B2 do you have a formula or do you capture a data?

my data is in a table in the sheet called engagement log, and it is an ever-growing list. also, there are simply too many columns (from A to CL), how do i display only certain columns results?

You can select columns, but you must copy the output to other cells.
In copy to you must select the range of cells, in that range of cells only put the headers you need.
You could also put the result on another sheet.

Upvote 0
In cell B2 do you have a formula or do you capture a data?

Cell B2 is the date of application, which i used >=ddmmyyy to filter. my objective is for the filtered list to change accordingly automatically based on the date i key in.

You can select columns, but you must copy the output to other cells.
In copy to you must select the range of cells, in that range of cells only put the headers you need.
You could also put the result on another sheet.

am i doing something wrong? This is a fresh sheet. Table1 is from the sheet named as Engagement Log as in post 1.

2vsowg8.png

34zhr8h.png

Upvote 0
ok, i managed to make the advanced filter to work and to show the columns i wanted only. now, if anyone can help me with the vba code to do the filtering whenever i change the date at B2, instead of going through all the clicks to get the list, that would be wonderful.

help please! :biggrin:

Upvote 0
Activate the macro recorder. Make an advanced filter, stop the macro recorder. Go to VBA press Alt + F11, copy the generated code and paste it here to adapt it and give you the automatization.

Upvote 0
Activate the macro recorder. Make an advanced filter, stop the macro recorder. Go to VBA press Alt + F11, copy the generated code and paste it here to adapt it and give you the automatization.

yes, i did a marco and added a "display result" button. working fine now! :D

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back