Economics - Payout Date Formula, Ending Balance goes to 0 Date Formula

OilEconomist

Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
Thanks in advance for any suggestions. I will let you know if any proposed solutions work.

What excel formula (non-VBA) will calculate the:
(1) the first date where the cumulative cash flow goes from negative or zero... to positive (i.e. Undiscounted Payback date). There is the possibility where it could go negative again because of reinvestment. If this happens and there's a way to calculate all dates where this happens that would be great, if not, the first date is the most important.

(2) the first date where the Ending Balance will go to 0. This has to do with a loan where if the Ending Balance is 0, the loan has been paid. The Ending Balance will either be > 0, or 0 (i.e. never a negative number). There is a possibility that there could be a cash call where another loan is needed, so the number can positive again and go back to 0. If this happens and there's a way to calculate all dates where this happens that would be great, if not, the first date is the most important.

Currently, I do the following:
(1) To check where the cash flow goes positive to negative, I check the prior month and current month in a row beneath, where it's yes or no. I match where it says "yes" with the formula =IFERROR( INDEX( Date.Series, MATCH( "Yes", Yes_Hurdle.IRR.01, 0)), "N/A")
(2) I do similar for the ending balance (i.e. where it goes from positive to 0).

I would like to eliminate the extra step.

Excel Facts

Add Bullets to Range
Select range. Press Ctrl+1. On Number tab, choose Custom. Type Alt+7 then space then @ sign (using 7 on numeric keypad)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andreguerra

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back