Office Excel 365 - Insert Map - No Southern Ireland?

natheplas

Board Regular
Hi All,

I have a list of values and locations. I then go to insert, then map graph.

A map appears and plots well, but the southern Ireland bit of the map is missing.

I've tried changing it to towns, cities etc, but southern ireland is blanked out.

Does anyone know why or how I could get around this please?

Thank you,

Excel Facts

How to change case of text in Excel?
Use =UPPER() for upper case, =LOWER() for lower case, and =PROPER() for proper case. PROPER won't capitalize second c in Mccartney
What do you mean by "Southern Ireland"? Is the map of Eire there but Limerick, Cork and Killarney are missing? Or do you mean that the country Ireland is missing?

Upvote 0
Hi DRSteele,

Yeah so Wales, down to cornwall on England side is all there.

Then on the left we only have northern ireland, but southern ireland is no where to be seen, but there is data for southern ireland.

Do you have an email or someway I can show you please via sending an image, might help.

Thank you,

Upvote 0
That's strange...my map shows all of the emerald isle.

It's verbotten to pass email adresses in this forum. But you can load a photo to these posts by putting the image on another website and then linking it. Lots of memebers here use something called Imgur, or some such thing.

Upvote 0
Well, it seems that only UK land is being shown, including the UK-occupied part of the island Ireland, called Northern Ireland. There is no such thing as 'Southern Ireland' - the area you reference is Ireland (or, Republic of Ireland).

Did you start with data for the UK? Try adding data for Cork and Limerick and see if it cooperates.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Okay, yeah that makes sense in what you are saying. Are you able to return 1 map from data in excel displaying just UK and Ireland?

I currently use postcodes + values. What would be best to use to return UK + Ireland on a map please?

Thanks,

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back