#Name? error

jwgreen1986

Board Regular
I am producing a couple of league tables based on New sales figures and Used sales figures. I have the new side working perfectly however i am having issues with the formula for the used table.
I have two worksheets. one called table, the other called Standings. Table has all my sales information in it and generates a score table with rankings etc.
The standings worksheet is basically the viewing sheet and uses vlookups to bring in the sales info and standings based on the drop downs information.
on my standings worksheet i have two drop downs. one that has New & used in it (Standings!$D$2 in formulas)
the other has months (Standings!$D$3)
i have two tables on my table worksheet. one that ranks all the new sales, the other ranks all the used sales.

as mentioned the formula works for every single month for the new sales table. if used is selected in the first drop down it shows #VALUE! in all of the sales columns for all the new sales. but as soon as i change it back to new it generates the sales for the month selected.

i am having issues with my used sales table. if i select used in the drop down it doesnt matter what month i select the value in the sales total column always shows #Name?.

The formulas used to generate the sale totals are identical apart from looking for different values in difference ranges. Does anyone know how i can sort this. this is the only thing not working for me to finish this off. all i want is when used is selected in the drop down it will generate the totals for the month in the used sales total. the formulas are below for new and used. if anyone has any advice how to make them shorter this will also be great

***NEW SALES TOTAL***
=IF(AS4="","0",IF(AND(Standings!$D$2="New",Standings!$D$3="YTD"),VLOOKUP(AV4,New_Sales,14,FALSE),IF(AND(Standings!$D$2="New",Standings!$D$3="January"),VLOOKUP(Table!AV4,New_Sales,2,FALSE),IF(AND(Standings!$D$2="New",Standings!$D$3="February"),VLOOKUP(Table!AV4,New_Sales,3,FALSE),IF(AND(Standings!$D$2="New",Standings!$D$3="March"),VLOOKUP(Table!AV4,New_Sales,4,FALSE),IF(AND(Standings!$D$2="New",Standings!$D$3="April"),VLOOKUP(Table!AV4,New_Sales,5,FALSE),IF(AND(Standings!$D$2="New",Standings!$D$3="May"),VLOOKUP(Table!AV4,New_Sales,6,FALSE),IF(AND(Standings!$D$2="New",Standings!$D$3="June"),VLOOKUP(Table!AV4,New_Sales,7,FALSE),IF(AND(Standings!$D$2="New",Standings!$D$3="July"),VLOOKUP(Table!AV4,New_Sales,8,FALSE),IF(AND(Standings!$D$2="New",Standings!$D$3="August"),VLOOKUP(Table!AV4,New_Sales,9,FALSE),IF(AND(Standings!$D$2="New",Standings!$D$3="September"),VLOOKUP(Table!AV4,New_Sales,10,FALSE),IF(AND(Standings!$D$2="New",Standings!$D$3="October"),VLOOKUP(Table!AV4,New_Sales,11,FALSE),IF(AND(Standings!$D$2="New",Standings!$D$3="November"),VLOOKUP(Table!AV4,New_Sales,12,FALSE),IF(AND(Standings!$D$2="New",Standings!$D$3="December"),VLOOKUP(Table!AV4,New_Sales,13,FALSE),""))))))))))))))

***USED SALES TOTAL***
=IF(Standings!$D$2="New","",IF(BD4="","0",IF(AND(Standings!$D$2=“Used”,Standings!$D$3="YTD"),VLOOKUP(BG4,Used_sales,14,FALSE),IF(AND(Standings!$D$2=“Used”,Standings!$D$3="January"),VLOOKUP(BG4,Used_sales,2,FALSE),IF(AND(Standings!$D$2=“Used”,Standings!$D$3="February"),VLOOKUP(BG4,Used_sales,3,FALSE),IF(AND(Standings!$D$2=“Used”,Standings!$D$3="March"),VLOOKUP(BG4,Used_sales,4,FALSE),IF(AND(Standings!$D$2=“Used”,Standings!$D$3="April"),VLOOKUP(BG4,Used_sales,5,FALSE),IF(AND(Standings!$D$2=“Used”,Standings!$D$3="May"),VLOOKUP(BG4,Used_sales,6,FALSE),IF(AND(Standings!$D$2=“Used”,Standings!$D$3="June"),VLOOKUP(BG4,Used_sales,7,FALSE),IF(AND(Standings!$D$2=“Used”,Standings!$D$3="July"),VLOOKUP(BG4,Used_sales,8,FALSE),IF(AND(Standings!$D$2=“Used”,Standings!$D$3="August"),VLOOKUP(BG4,Used_sales,9,FALSE),IF(AND(Standings!$D$2=“Used”,Standings!$D$3="September"),VLOOKUP(BG4,Used_sales,10,FALSE),IF(AND(Standings!$D$2=“Used”,Standings!$D$3="October"),VLOOKUP(BG4,Used_sales,11,FALSE),IF(AND(Standings!$D$2=“Used”,Standings!$D$3="November"),VLOOKUP(BG4,Used_sales,12,FALSE),IF(AND(Standings!$D$2=“Used”,Standings!$D$3="December"),VLOOKUP(BG4,Used_sales,13,FALSE),"")))))))))))))))

Excel Facts

How to create a cell-sized chart?
Tiny charts, called Sparklines, were added to Excel 2010. Look for Sparklines on the Insert tab.
You've got smart quotes round the word Used. It should be "Used" and not “Used”

Upvote 0
you absolute legend. a question on the back of this then, do you know a way to change the formula quickly? the reason that this has happened is because i copied the formula to word, done a find and replace and then pasted it back in to excel. ive changed it all now and it is working, but for future reference it would be handy to know a way of changing a formula quickly thats as long as this.

Upvote 0
Use the Find/Replace dialog (Ctrl+H) to replace the smart quotes with normal ones.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back