Notes Userforms

dannyok90

Board Regular
hi all,

I'm thinking of creating a user form to help me track notes and checking.

I'm not a novice with VBA and user forms butequally im not a master and maybe not quite an intermediary user either haha.

Basically i have spreadsheet sheet for estimating jobs. It has rows representing subtasks with a description, cost and some calculations etc.
at the end of each row id like a link that says 'notes' that opens the user form with two text entry fields side by side,
one for notes and the otherfor the comments of the person checking the notes and maybe even a selectbutton to say 'approved'

The issue being, im running some vba to addnew rows to the estimate, how would the link to the notes userform at the endof each row know the notes
are for that particular row only and openblank?

hope I haven’t over complicated myexplanation!

Any help appreciated :)

Thanks
Dan

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Fastest way to copy a worksheet?
Hold down the Ctrl key while dragging tab for Sheet1 to the right. Excel will make a copy of the worksheet.
You're welcome

Following on from my last, here's a link to it in practice. It works great!

how could I get it to work across the other sheets without it over writing the contents on the other sheets?
also, I've tried to incorpotate a double click command so I can only click on that cell, rather than any cell in the column to open the userform? but not so sure
I often bastardise bits of vba I find on the internet to my own needs so im not all that good writing stuff from scratch (yet) getting there though!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vPa0x_I7Fh2Rggnfk00qtOwL7lcIkaLx/view?usp=sharing

Upvote 0
Try your modified File !!

I have altered the first 2 sheets to double click, you will need to update the rest as shown in Worksheet Module.

The comments and notes are now held on sheet "Log"

Each sheet rows are held in the columns of sheet "Log" and each sheet in a different Row based on the sheet "CodeName" (sheet1,sheet2 etc)

NB:- when I first Opened the Workbook "Userform1.show" would not work, I eventually got it working, but if you look at the code in any worksheet module, you will see the word "Userform1" starts with a lower case letter, which says to me there is something wrong, but it was working when it left me !!!

https://app.box.com/s/6t3m7bz59s28b2qrdeubbow1vo5tx2wn

Upvote 0
Try your modified File !!

I have altered the first 2 sheets to double click, you will need to update the rest as shown in Worksheet Module.

The comments and notes are now held on sheet "Log"

Each sheet rows are held in the columns of sheet "Log" and each sheet in a different Row based on the sheet "CodeName" (sheet1,sheet2 etc)

NB:- when I first Opened the Workbook "Userform1.show" would not work, I eventually got it working, but if you look at the code in any worksheet module, you will see the word "Userform1" starts with a lower case letter, which says to me there is something wrong, but it was working when it left me !!!

https://app.box.com/s/6t3m7bz59s28b2qrdeubbow1vo5tx2wn

Absolutely fantastic! I cant thank you enough for taking the time out of your day to help me out on this. what a gent. cheers matey!

Dan

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JPav

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back