How to modify the load behaviour of Excel 2010 add-in (e.g. flexfind)

wormaji

I'm using Microsoft Excel 2010 and had a few useful add-ins like flex find installed.
https://www.jkp-ads.com/officemarketplaceff-en.asp.However, I do not use these add-ins frequently.
Since it seems that Microsoft excel 2010 loads, these add-ins at start-up and it significantly increases the delay in starting up, I was hoping to make these load only when I need them.

The documentation in Microsoft at https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/291392/excel-com-add-ins-and-automation-add-ins says that the load behaviour can be modified by going into the registry.

However, when I go into the same path in the registry, I do not find any mention of these add-ins. Also, another issue is that whenever I wanted to use these add-ins, I had to specifically go and load them manually myself. At the same time, during starting up, I clearly see a message in the splash window stating that these add-ins are being loaded.

So how do I avoid add-ins being loaded at start-up.. (And at the same time, as I stated, it seems that add-ins are really not being loaded because I have to manually load them when I need to use)

Thank you for any inputs

Excel Facts

Can you AutoAverage in Excel?
There is a drop-down next to the AutoSum symbol. Open the drop-down to choose AVERAGE, COUNT, MAX, or MIN
This works for me

At end of day or when you no longer need to use ...
To Unload AddIn
Code:
AddIns("Name of AddIn").Installed = False

To Load AddIn when required
Code:
AddIns("Name of AddIn").Installed = True

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Flex find is not a COM add-in so you don't need the registry, you can just use the Add-ins dialog to load/unload them.

Upvote 0
Thank you for your responses.

@RoryA, Thank you for explaining the difference between the C OM and other add-ins. I used to wonder why am not able to start using Flex find immediately after starting Microsoft Excel 2010. Now I understand.

However, now the problem that I see is that even though the add-ins are actually not being loaded, I see them being mentioned in the splash screen of Microsoft Excel. When it is starting up stating that these add-ins are being loaded. And it spends quite a bit of time on loading these add-ins. It is almost 2 minutes that it takes to load the add-ins that are actually not COM.

Is this expected behaviour or is there anything that I can do to prevent the loading of add-ins on starting up of Microsoft Excel?

Thank you for any inputs

Upvote 0
You just use the add-ins dialog, as I mentioned, to disable or enable regular add-ins.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RobertJones1986

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back