sassriverrat

Good Morning-

Quick question for someone-

I've got
numbers A1:A10
a "Y" or "N" in B1:B10
a "Y" or "N" in C1:C10

I'm trying to put a rank formula together that
IF B cell is a "Y", it goes to the top of the rank, irregardless of the number in A cell. Then if C cell is a "Y", it goes to the top of the rank AFTER the B cell "Y"- and finally, if both B and C cells are "N", then the final numbers are ranked by the numbers in "A"

Ranks are put in column D.

Purpose- the ranking is by the number in A (Level 1) but if B is a "Y", then it automatically goes to the top of the list (Level 2) and if C is a "Y", it automatically goes to the top of the list (Level 3).

RankNameDaysIs 2/MHas Been 2/M
2John5YY
8Kim18NN
3Austin2YY
4 Jimmy64NY
6Julia8NY
9Eric14NN
10Morgan1NN
5Dan25NY
7 Mimi32NN
1Ashley21YY

<tbody>
</tbody>

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

What is the last column in Excel?
Excel columns run from A to Z, AA to AZ, AAA to XFD. The last column is XFD.
Try this:

Excel 2012
DEFGHI
3RankNameDaysIs 2/MHas Been 2/M
42John5YY
58Kim18NN
63Austin2YY
74Jimmy64NY
86Julia8NY
99Eric14NN
1010Morgan1NN
115Dan25NY
127Mimi32NN
131Ashley21YY

<colgroup><col style="width: 25pxpx"><col><col><col><col><col><col></colgroup><thead>
</thead><tbody>
</tbody>
Sheet2

Worksheet Formulas
CellFormula
D4=IF(H4="y",COUNTIFS($H$4:$H$60,"Y",$G$4:$G$60,">"&G4)+1,IF(I4="y",COUNTIF($H$4:$H$60,"Y")+COUNTIFS($H$4:$H$60,"N",$I$4:$I$60,"Y",$G$4:$G$60,">"&G4)+1,COUNTIFS(H$4:$H$60,"N",$I$4:$I$60,"N",$G$4:$G$60,">"&G4)+SUMPRODUCT(--(($H$4:$H$60="Y")+($I$4:$I$60="Y")>0))+1))

<thead>
</thead><tbody>
</tbody>

<tbody>
</tbody>

Upvote 0
Try:

<b>Sheet</b><br /><br /><table border="1" cellspacing="0" style="font-family:Calibri,Arial; font-size:11pt; background-color:#ffffff; "> <colgroup><col style="font-weight:bold; width:30px; " /><col style="width:82px;" /><col style="width:82px;" /><col style="width:82px;" /><col style="width:82px;" /><col style="width:82px;" /></colgroup><tr style="background-color:#cacaca; text-align:center; font-weight:bold; font-size:8pt; "><td > </td><td >E</td><td >F</td><td >G</td><td >H</td><td >I</td></tr><tr style="height:18px ;" ><td style="font-size:8pt; background-color:#cacaca; text-align:center; " >3</td><td style="background-color:#92d050; font-weight:bold; text-align:center; ">RANK</td><td style="background-color:#92d050; font-weight:bold; text-align:center; ">NAME</td><td style="background-color:#92d050; font-weight:bold; text-align:center; ">DAYS</td><td style="background-color:#92d050; font-weight:bold; text-align:center; ">IS 2/M</td><td style="background-color:#92d050; font-weight:bold; text-align:center; ">HAS BENN</td></tr><tr style="height:18px ;" ><td style="font-size:8pt; background-color:#cacaca; text-align:center; " >4</td><td style="text-align:right; ">2</td><td >JO</td><td style="text-align:right; ">5</td><td style="background-color:#ffff00; ">Y</td><td >Y</td></tr><tr style="height:18px ;" ><td style="font-size:8pt; background-color:#cacaca; text-align:center; " >5</td><td style="text-align:right; ">8</td><td >KI</td><td style="text-align:right; ">18</td><td >N</td><td >N</td></tr><tr style="height:18px ;" ><td style="font-size:8pt; background-color:#cacaca; text-align:center; " >6</td><td style="text-align:right; ">3</td><td >AU</td><td style="text-align:right; ">2</td><td style="background-color:#ffff00; ">Y</td><td >Y</td></tr><tr style="height:18px ;" ><td style="font-size:8pt; background-color:#cacaca; text-align:center; " >7</td><td style="text-align:right; ">4</td><td >JI</td><td style="text-align:right; ">64</td><td >N</td><td style="background-color:#b2a1c7; ">Y</td></tr><tr style="height:18px ;" ><td style="font-size:8pt; background-color:#cacaca; text-align:center; " >8</td><td style="text-align:right; ">6</td><td >JU</td><td style="text-align:right; ">8</td><td >N</td><td style="background-color:#b2a1c7; ">Y</td></tr><tr style="height:18px ;" ><td style="font-size:8pt; background-color:#cacaca; text-align:center; " >9</td><td style="text-align:right; ">9</td><td >ER</td><td style="text-align:right; ">14</td><td >N</td><td >N</td></tr><tr style="height:18px ;" ><td style="font-size:8pt; background-color:#cacaca; text-align:center; " >10</td><td style="text-align:right; ">10</td><td >MO</td><td style="text-align:right; ">1</td><td >N</td><td >N</td></tr><tr style="height:18px ;" ><td style="font-size:8pt; background-color:#cacaca; text-align:center; " >11</td><td style="text-align:right; ">5</td><td >DA</td><td style="text-align:right; ">25</td><td >N</td><td style="background-color:#b2a1c7; ">Y</td></tr><tr style="height:18px ;" ><td style="font-size:8pt; background-color:#cacaca; text-align:center; " >12</td><td style="text-align:right; ">7</td><td >MI</td><td style="text-align:right; ">32</td><td >N</td><td >N</td></tr><tr style="height:18px ;" ><td style="font-size:8pt; background-color:#cacaca; text-align:center; " >13</td><td style="text-align:right; ">7</td><td >AS</td><td style="text-align:right; ">21</td><td style="background-color:#ffff00; ">Y</td><td >Y</td></tr></table><br /><table style="font-family:Arial; font-size:10pt; border-style: groove ;border-color:#00ff00;background-color:#fffcf9; color:#000000; "><tr><td ><b>Sheet formulas</b></td></tr><tr><td ><table border = "1" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" style="font-family:Arial; font-size:9pt;"><tr style="background-color:#cacaca; font-size:10pt;"><td >Cell</td><td >Formula</td></tr><tr><td >E4</td><td >=IF(H4="Y",COUNTIFS($H$4:$H$60,H4,$G$4:$G$60,">"&G4)+1,IF(I4="Y",COUNTIFS($I$4:$I$60,I4,$H$4:$H$60,H4,$G$4:$G$60,">"&G4)+1+COUNTIF($H$4:$H$60,"Y"),COUNTIFS($H$4:$H$60,H4,$I$4:$I$60,I4,$G$4:$G$60,">"&G4)+1+SUMPRODUCT((($H$4:$H$60="Y")+($I$4:$I$60="Y")>0)+0)))</td></tr></table></td></tr></table> <br /><br />

Upvote 0
Another possible solution

D
E
F
G
H
I
Rank​
Name​
Days​
Is 2/M​
Has Been 2/M​
2​
John​
5​
Y​
Y​
8​
Kim​
18​
N​
N​
3​
Austin​
2​
Y​
Y​
4​
Jimmy​
64​
N​
Y​
6​
Julia​
8​
N​
Y​
9​
Eric​
14​
N​
N​
10​
Morgan​
1​
N​
N​
5​
Dan​
25​
N​
Y​
7​
Mimi​
32​
N​
N​
1​
Ashley​
21​
Y​
Y​

Formula in D4 copied down
=SUMPRODUCT(--((H$4:H$13="Y")*10+(I$4:I$13="Y")+G$4:G$13/10^6>(H4="Y")*10+(I4="Y")+G4/10^6))+1

M.

Upvote 0
@Eric W

Worked like a champ! Thank you all for the help!

I tested the others which also worked- just so you guys know!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm glad to help you. Thanks for the feedback.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzskater

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back