Expanding Array Formula to Include an OR option

crookesa

Board Regular
hi,

I have the following formula which works well for me when it captures criteria based on one cell value.

Code:
=IF(ISERROR(INDEX(employee_names,SMALL(IF([B]day_1=$A$11[/B],ROW(day_1)),ROW(1:1))-1,1))," ",INDEX(employee_names,SMALL(IF([B]day_1=$A$11[/B],ROW(day_1)),ROW(1:1))-1,1))

I'm trying to expand it to so that the day_1 can check the criteria of more that one cell for example OR(day_1=$A$11,day_1=$A$12). When I do try the example previous I get all values in the employee names range rather than just the ones with the values required.

Wonder is that possible or should I look at another way of populating the fields with the formula? I'm trying to implement it without using a VBA so that the fields are automatically updated.

Excel Facts

Get help while writing formula
Click the italics "fx" icon to the left of the formula bar to open the Functions Arguments dialog. Help is displayed for each argument.
To use an OR condition in an array formula you must add the two conditions - something like
IF((day_1=$A$11)+(day_1=$A$12),....

M.

Upvote 0
Is there a maximum number of + you can add or is it limited to 2?

I've tried adding in another condition and getting a problem with formula dialog

To use an OR condition in an array formula you must add the two conditions - something like
IF((day_1=$A$11)+(day_1=$A$12),....

M.

Upvote 0
Disregard, I had a problem with some brackets but was convinced I had it correct first time!!!

Is there a maximum number of + you can add or is it limited to 2?

I've tried adding in another condition and getting a problem with formula dialog

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrPJ_Harper

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back