Basic/Novice Help w/Pasting Protected Data to Another Sheet

farfadooty

I am trying to copy and paste rows from a 18MB .xlsb protected and heavily filtered -- from column N to column EZ.

I want it to paste into a 998kb .xls file. I can't remove the formatting otherwise certain cells, (based off of dates generated from an external application) -- or It will remove the shaded cells that indicate, no fill, yellow, green, red if dates are forecasted or actualized.

My issue is somewhere when I copy and paste into the new file. It won't stop calculating and I am creating a file that can't stop linking back to the master file. It is over 398 MB.

I have tried to paste value and then paste format. I also tried just regular pasting the information into the file.

The person who showed me this is on vacation and the data is critical/needed by 6am.

Can someone support my desperate request? :)

The folks who are supporting me are not terribly inclusive. It would be so nice to be able to accomplish this, given the woman next to me is taunting me about being an expert just coming into the group?

Thank you, so much!

Excel Facts

Easy bullets in Excel
If you have a numeric keypad, press Alt+7 on numeric keypad to type a bullet in Excel.
It sounds like you are doing the copy/paste manually. Before you copy/paste, try setting the calculation mode to "Manual". After pasting, re-set calculation back to "Automatic". Click the "Formulas" tab in the top menu and then click the "Calculations Options" button at the far right.

Upvote 0
Do you mean that even after you set calculation to "Manual", the formulas still calculated?

Upvote 0
It was set as that to begin with! I pasted first, Values. Then 2nd w/Formatting into the other sheet, and yes, still calculated.

I have a hidden personal .xlsb folder that appeared during something I botched. I cant get rid of it, even I. Systems Folders. Can this be part of issue?

Upvote 0
To be honest, I really don't know. :(

Upvote 0
I'm super grateful for your responses!! I may have some basic V look up questions in a bit… do you mind keeping an eye out if I post under here? Truly you have been a tremendous help, and I hope you have a great day!

Upvote 0
If your question is on a different topic, according to Forum rules, you should start a new thread. If you send me a private message with a link to your new thread, I'll be happy to have a look.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omarahmed1

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back