What did I do to the scroll bars in my UserForms?

aeroned

I was messing around with a calendar form and all of the scroll bars in all of my userforms, several different spreadsheets, stopped working. The "sliders" can't be grabbed and moved and the mouse wheel no longer scrolls. It's only in UserForms, the scrolling in spreadsheets works fine. I've tried restarting with no luck. Could it be some Excel program setting?

Any help will be appreciated.

Ned

Excel Facts

Highlight Duplicates
Home, Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells, Duplicate records, OK to add pink formatting to any duplicates in selected range.
Whenever something like that happens to me it is due to me making a change on a workbook and not resetting that change back to "normal" when closing the workbook.
So the change then affects every workbook opened afterwards.

You will need to think back to find the workbook you were 'experimenting' with where a basic layout change was implemented.

You can also check the Excel Option Settings but I don't recall there being adjustments to the FORMS settings.

Upvote 0
I'm really lost. I uninstalled/reinstalled Office no luck.
I've tried to make new form with new comboboxes, the scroll bar doesn't work. I can't even click on the slider and drag it. The list only moves by clicking the arrows or the space above or below the slider.

Upvote 0
If you still retained the existing workbook/s that were there prior to and after re-installing Office, I believe the settings wouldn't be adjusted because the settings are actually in the workbook
itself and not Office.

If you create a new workbook after re-installing Office are the same issues showing up ?

Upvote 0
OK the new combobox in a new userform in a new workbook worked. The scroll wheel even works, everything is back to normal.

Even the old userform in the old workbook works. Wow!! that was weird. Thank you very much for the help!

Upvote 0
Guess you had a VBA Gremlin running about your machine. I get them from time to time as well.

Cheers.

Upvote 0
I have one of those Gremlins. Every time I launch Excel. Excel Startups but does not display a new Workbook. I always have to press Ctrl N to open a New Workbook.
Guess you had a VBA Gremlin running about your machine. I get them from time to time as well.

Cheers.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
keycalinc

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back