Sum values that meet criteria in multiple columns

Drumwaves

Im at a loss.. I need to sum values in a column if its greater than the value in an adjacent cell, also if another adjacent cell equals X, and value in adjacent cell equals Y.

Typically, the operators in a sumif would evaluate based on a specific threshold.. Ie. =Sumifs(A1:A10, A1:A10, ">=1000").

But what if column B contains unique thresholds to each line item. Where as i want to compare A1 to B1, then A2 to B2, etc.

I can write it as a sumifs array or sumproduct if im only comparing A1 to B1, A2 to B2, etc..

So lets say my sum values are in column A. Unique threshold values in column B.
Criteria 2 in column C.
Criteria 3 in column D.

I want to sum column A values that are greater than the value in adjacent cell of column B, adjacent cell of column C= x , adjacent cell of column D=Y.

Ive tried sumproduct, sumifs, sumifs arrays and sum(if( arrays.

Help appreciated.

EDIT:
Another important note: all columns will have null strings included somewhere within the range.. =""

I want to ignore the null strings, especially in column A

Last edited by a moderator:

Excel Facts

Lock one reference in a formula
Need 1 part of a formula to always point to the same range? use $ signs: $V$2:$Z$99 will always point to V2:Z99, even after copying
Welcome to the Board!

I think your issue is hard to envision. It might be better if you could walk us through an example.
You cannot upload files to this site. But there are tools you can use to post screen images. They are listed in Section B of this link here: http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/board-a...forum-use.html.
Also, there is a Test Here forum on this board that you can use to test out these tools to make sure they are working correctly before using them in your question.

Upvote 0
Stumbled upon the answer myself.

Based on my example the solution is as follows...
Solution:

=SUMPRODUCT(--($A$1:$A$10>=$B$1:$B$10),--($C$1:$C$10="X"),--($D$1:$D$10="Y"),$A$1:$A$10)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Armadillos

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back