Price List - cross referencing when all values are unique

Enzo_Matrix

Board Regular
I am trying to create a price list and the vendors part numbers and descriptions are different that our database. I would really prefer not to go through thousands of items one by one and change them. Is there a way to use a partial reference system?
Code:
=Index(Match)
=if(VLOOKUP)

My #My descriptionVendor #Vendor description
DAL400CABCAC400LMN

<tbody>
</tbody>

I need to be able to put in my part number and have it populate our description, however, these should reference the Vendor # as I have pricing associated with those values.

Excel Facts

How to change case of text in Excel?
Use =UPPER() for upper case, =LOWER() for lower case, and =PROPER() for proper case. PROPER won't capitalize second c in Mccartney
From your description, there is nothing common between your description and the vendor's description.

If you could be assured that your description and the vendor's description would align next to one another as shown in your example, for all of the descriptions, you might
be able to establish a master list from that data. BUT, every description would need to be aligned next to one another :

Your Description #1 Vendor Description #1
Your Description #2 Vendor Description #2
Your Description #3 Vendor Description #3
Your Description #4 Vendor Description #4
Your Description #5 Vendor Description #5

Upvote 0
That's the part that I'm stuck on. They don't align and I'd have to go into each item and manually cross reference to the vendors parts. We have a list of over 5000 items they want me to use and I'd really prefer not creating a master list of this size manually if I don't have to.

I don't see a way around it though. I will have to create the link manually at first and then I can pull the data to other sheets if need be.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
visheshkotha

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back