Copying rows based on a matching date

mps80y

Hi All,

I've found so many variations on how to do this, but none seem to fit exactly what I'm after so I'm getting lost in that spiral - so I would appreciate any advice/help.

I have a spreadsheet that has several sheets.

Sheet 'Calc_Sheet' contains a value in cell E1 which lists the last date of the previous month in the format dd/mm/yyyy and is formatted as a Date field - *dd/mm/yyyy.

I have another sheet 'Previous Month' that has all the data of bookings made. Column C in that sheet also has a date in the format dd/mm/yyyy and is also formatted as a Date field - *dd/mm/yyyy

I need to copy all the rows from the 'Previous Month' sheet, that match the date in cell E1 in sheet 'Calc_Sheet' and copy them to the end of a third sheet 'Current Month' and then sort that sheet based on column A.

Is this something easily done?

TIA guys :D

Excel Facts

Spell Check in Excel
Press F7 to start spell check in Excel. Be careful, by default, Excel does not check Capitalized Werds (whoops)
After doing some research, it seems to be with the way cDate manages the date format.

I know there is probably a cleaner way to do this, but to get around it I created a new column with the date formatted as a serial then filtered and copied based on the serial then deleted the serial column.

The new file is here if you want to have a look. I've left the other post up to see if someone else has a cleaner way of manipulating the date.

Upvote 0
Thanks so much for getting back to me and congrats on finding a work-around. It sounds good. :)

Upvote 0
No problems. Thanks again for all your help.

I've just posted a new thread hoping to get some help with index & match.

What are your thoughts on index & match vs VLookup?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maplemeadows

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back