MAX IF to ignore NA with multiple conditions

ellisbobby

Hello all,

I'm trying to do something, which seems fairly simple in my head but I can't get to execute in a formula.

We record data daily on on a spreadsheet in a new column every day. Some days certain cells return a calculation, others return NA if there was no activity.

I originally changed the formula that would return NA to return a blank cell and that seemed to solve the issue. Then when I looked at the chart that read from the same data, it made all the blank cells read zero.

Is there a way to get the array below to read two conditions and ignore NA? I can get it to ignore NA with just one condition, but not two using =MAX(IF(NOT(ISNA.

Or I may be going about it all wrong. If I can get the chart to ignore the blank cells with a formula, that would work as well. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

=MAX(IF('data'!$3:$3=$A$1,IF('data'!$4:$4=$A16,'data'!$24:$24)))

Excel Facts

Round to nearest half hour?
Use =MROUND(A2,"0:30") to round to nearest half hour. Use =CEILING(A2,"0:30") to round to next half hour.
charts will accept #N/A as something not to display

Upvote 0
Hi mole999,

Thanks for the response. I can get the chart to accept #N/A, but I can't get the MAX(IF formula to ignore the #N/A when I have multiple conditions. Do you know if that's possible?

Upvote 0
there is a function called AGGREGATE in 2013 onwards that may help, i'm not sure how to apply to your initial problem, it has to be possible i think

Upvote 0
I’m running 2010 at the moment. I tried AGGREGATE but couldn’t get it to do what I wanted it to do. I wonder if it will work on a later version of excel.

This seems fairly simple, just can’t figure it out.

Upvote 0
Hello Aladin,

Thanks for the reply. In the formula I listed above, the #N/A is in wow 24 of another sheet in the same workbook.

Upvote 0
Hello Aladin,

Thanks for the reply. In the formula I listed above, the #N/A is in wow 24 of another sheet in the same workbook.

Control+shift+enter, not just enter:

=MAX(IF(data!$3:$3=$A$1,IF(data!$4:$4=$A16,IF(ISNUMBER(data!$24:$24),data!$24:$24))))

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ijat

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back