minimum maximum value formulating

berbs

I am trying to put a corresponding value in a certain cell from a value in another cell. It will require me to do a "if this number is between two numbers in two columns" then it states the value to be inserted in a certain cell. I am having a problem figuring out what kind of formula to use (vlookup, match??). I can show an example of a screenshot if anybody would like to help me with this. thanks.

an example of the terminology:
if the number in cell H9 is between the minimum column number in AF8 and maximum column number in AG8 then it will return the number that is in cell AH8 and puts it in cell H4. This is for a golf handicap computation which uses the "conversion chart" in cells AF8:AG48.

I am not a golfer, nor a bowler, nor an accountant, nor do I have many professions, but here we make many formulas for many calculations.
Only explain with examples what you have, what data to use for the calculation and what result you expect.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Remove leading & trailing spaces
Save as CSV to remove all leading and trailing spaces. It is faster than using TRIM().

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdusw

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back