minimum maximum value formulating

berbs

I am trying to put a corresponding value in a certain cell from a value in another cell. It will require me to do a "if this number is between two numbers in two columns" then it states the value to be inserted in a certain cell. I am having a problem figuring out what kind of formula to use (vlookup, match??). I can show an example of a screenshot if anybody would like to help me with this. thanks.

an example of the terminology:
if the number in cell H9 is between the minimum column number in AF8 and maximum column number in AG8 then it will return the number that is in cell AH8 and puts it in cell H4. This is for a golf handicap computation which uses the "conversion chart" in cells AF8:AG48.

Excel Facts

How to total the visible cells?
From the first blank cell below a filtered data set, press Alt+=. Instead of SUM, you will get SUBTOTAL(9,)
I can not see your image.
This will return blank if the number is not between the min and max. If you want to return something else then replace the "" with what you want to return. Enter without the space around the < and >
Code:
=IF(AND(H9 < AG8,H9 > AF8),AH8,"")CODE]

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Try_

=IF(AND(H9>=AF8,H9<=AG8),AH8,"It's not between")

Upvote 0
how would i show my image? I thought I did it right. I took a screen shot of the spreadsheet. Also will be needing the formula to hit all the potential "return" values from the additional cells (h11,h13,h15,h17,h19,h21,h23,h25. once scores get posted into certain cells each week the number changes as I have formulas to compute the number for check of its value related to the area (min-max).

Upvote 0
You could upload a file o image file to a free site such as www.box.com or www.dropbox.com. Once you do that, mark it for 'Sharing' and you will be given a link to the file that you can post here. If the workbook contains confidential information, you could replace it with generic data.

Upvote 0
You can explain how you do it manually, which cells you compare with which cells and what you expect of result.

Upvote 0
Ok. Each week I will enter golf scores and they will be input into cells D8 down to D25. As a result of those scores, a formula that I already have put in place will compute the players updated "golf index" which could be up to a 3 digit number ex.(3.1). once that number is computed it put it in a cell (H9,H11,H13,H15,H17,H19,H21,H23,H25). cell H9 would be the "1st week score" and cell H25 will be "18th week score". Each time the "index" is computed and placed in one of those cell a formula should take that number and use it to compute a value ("handicap") for the player I use to score the event. How the number gets computed is by a "conversion chart" (AF8-AG43). The number computed by scoring is then computes a hdcp based on the minimum and maximum value and then spits out a hdcp number to use (cell AH). the factored number is then computed into a hdcp by the chart AF, AG and AH.

Ex: If your calculated index from golf scores is a 5.5, i would look at the chart and find the range the number is in and it will tell me that your hdcp is a 6 because it is between 4.9 and 5.7. Make sense?

Upvote 0
I still do not understand is how all the values ​​of H9, H11, H13, H15, H17, H19, H21, H23, H25 are related.
According to your original requirement, you want the result in cell H4. I check if H9 in is between AF8:AG48, but what do you want to do with H11?
And then what do you want to do with H13? and then what do you want to do with H15? ... etc
And finally what do you want to do with all the results?

Upvote 0
H9 is the index based on the scores in cell D8 and D9 which are two scores for week #1 and week #2 . the formula that calculates it puts that number in cell H9 which then gets calculated by using the conversion chart in AF, AG and AH. Every two weeks, based on scores posted, the "index"(a number that is calculated by formula in another cell for cells H9, H11....), is then put to the conversion chart (AF, AG and AH) to give a hdcp based on the index calculation after every two weeks. the conversion chart takes the number and provides a hdcp that is always updated to be used by the player. if a player has a hdcp index of 5.7 per se it is used to look at the chart AF,AG and if it falls within the min and max it gives a hdcp for that player.

I know it could be confusing but if you were a golfer in my league, each week you play and record a score. I take that score and put it in a certain cell which then is calculated into an "index" ex. 5.7. I take the 5.7 and look at the conv chart AF & AG and see where that number falls so that I can give that player an update hdcp (cell AH) for the next week.

After the calculation "each week" the cell H4 gets automatically updated by formula that I am trying to figure out.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
excelknuckles

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back