Detecting Date In Test String

Newbienew

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
I am trying to use conditional formatting the formula part to detect the todays date with in the text string. All entries that are made start with the todays date, and due to it being so many entries that are placed every day it is a hard to sort thru all the new entries with the filter. So the idea is to highlight those entries for that day and then be able to sort by color.

I was thinking the code was =if(today()&text.... formula but that did not work out for me. Please help

Hi, if today is 15th April, can you give us a couple of example dates that should be highlighted and a couple that should not?

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Format cells as currency
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+4 to format cells as currency. (Shift 4 is the $ sign).
So yesturday was the 15th so the count of 5 days would have started yesterday,once Friday the 20 passes the date needs to be highlighted from that point on. So it is almost like a 5 working day counter. If there is no date in the cell than nothing but when it is entered then 5 working days later it should be highlighting.
I figured it would be =IF(D24<=TODAY()-5,"true","") but I believe this will count everyday and not the weekends.

Upvote 0
SIf there is no date in the cell than nothing but when it is entered then 5 working days later it should be highlighting.

You could try:

=AND(ISNUMBER(D24),D24<=WORKDAY(TODAY(),-5))

Make sure you cell references match the top left cell of the range you are applying the CF to.

Upvote 0
I was revisiting this thread to ask how would i be able to use the below formula to highlight the row based on detecting the date in a text string.
.=LEFT(A1,FIND(" ",SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(A1,":"," "),","," ")&" ")-1)+0=TODAY()
I tryied to use IF(
LEFT(A1,FIND(" ",SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(A1,":"," "),","," ")&" ")-1)+0=TODAY(),"true", "")

Upvote 0
This is true but I was attempting to highlight a whole row. The rows i have start at A2 and its continuous. I am still looking to figure it out on my own, but got overwhelmed with other projects.

Upvote 0
but I was attempting to highlight a whole row.

Then you just need to make the column references absolute - i.e. :

=LEFT($A2,FIND(" ",SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE($A2,":"," "),","," ")&" ")-1)+0=TODAY()

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ajax40

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back