Saving an excel 5.1/95 editor customization file (from 97-2003) format to 2016 format .xlsm format

Kthom019

[FONT=&quot]I have upgraded to Excel 2016 from excel 97/2003. I have several workbooks with macros in the old format. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]When I attempt to save them to the .xlsm file format, I receive a message stating that:
"This workbook contains one or more of the following features that are not supported by the selected file format: *Excel 5.0/95 Menu Editor Customization."

How can I save these files, maintain the macros and updated to my current version of Excel? This is really urgent; thanks in advance.[/FONT]

Excel Facts

What did Pito Salas invent?
Pito Salas, working for Lotus, popularized what would become to be pivot tables. It was released as Lotus Improv in 1989.
The macros themselves should be fine, it's just the toolbar customisations that may be lost.

Upvote 0
Yes. You'll either need to customise the Ribbon or your Quick Access Toolbar to add buttons for your macros, but the code itself should be fine.

Upvote 0
Okay, the macros did not work. I received an error message that the files could not be found. Any other suggestion.

Upvote 0
Okay, the macros are being used to pull information from 4 workbooks into one workbook. Only data from 1 worksheet in each is being moved to this workbook.

Upvote 0
It will be pretty hard to troubleshoot a macro unless I can see it... ;)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdusw

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back