Replace texted reference formula with real one with non existing files

szakharov7723

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
So I have a reference formulas created by Concatenate formula. which is spread on 3500+ cells

Here is concatenate formula
Code:
CONCATENATE("=","IFERROR","(",CONCATENATE("'",$B$2," ",TEXT($B33,"yyyy"),"\",TEXT($B33,"mmm"),"\","[",TEXT($B33,"ddd, mmm dd"),".xlsb]",CONCATENATE($B$3,C$2))&"+"&CONCATENATE("'",$B$2," ",TEXT($B33,"yyyy"),"\",TEXT($B33,"mmm"),"\","[",TEXT($B33,"ddd, mmm dd"),"_2",".xlsb]",CONCATENATE($B$3,C$2)),",","'",$B$2," ",TEXT($B33,"yyyy"),"\",TEXT($B33,"mmm"),"\","[",TEXT($B33,"ddd, mmm dd"),".xlsb]",CONCATENATE($B$3,C$2))

Which creates formula like this in a cell:
Code:
IFERROR('K:\Maint\PLANING\DSC CALENDARS 2019\Apr\[Tue, Apr 02.xlsb]Millright data'!B7+'K:\Maint\PLANING\DSC CALENDARS 2019\Apr\[Tue, Apr 02_2.xlsb]Millright data'!B7,'K:\Maint\PLANING\DSC CALENDARS 2019\Apr\[Tue, Apr 02.xlsb]Millright data'!B7

As you can see it is referenced to specific file. Thing is this file may not exist yet, but may be created in future.

While I can manually make this formula work by:
1) copying concatenate formula and pasting as value (which creates reference formula)
2) replacing "=" with itself (it will also work if I just click inside the cell and hit enter)
3) If one or both files do not exist I need to hit cancel in Update values.
4) even if file doesn't exist yet, once it gets created #REF error changes to referred value.
5) the only serious disadvantage is stored values if referred file gets deleted (,but it is another discussion)

As I said, the formula works, if done manually
BUT
When I try to use replace all, it only replacing the first cell after I go through cancel steps

Then it just ignores the fact I chose multiple cells.
Even when I create a macro to replace all cells it just doesn't go further than first cell , even if this cell is already a working formula.

I tried all codes I could find on replace all and update value cancel topics, and none is working in my case :confused: I am really confused.
Can you please help to find a right code to make text reference formulas work ?

Excel Facts

What is =ROMAN(40) in Excel?
The Roman numeral for 40 is XL. Bill "MrExcel" Jelen's 40th book was called MrExcel XL.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Honeymonster123

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back