Using Add in Userform with multiple open Workbooks

Daeras

If this question has been asked before, then I apologise, I have been searching through forums for more than a year now. This is also my first post.

I have created an Add-in which is accessed from the ribbon loading a Userform. All the code of all the things done by the Userform is located in the Add-in Workbook Modules.

All the output happens in the Workbook that was open when the Userform was launched.

How do I use that same Userform on multiple opened workbooks without unloading it. The Userform seems to latch onto the Workbook that was active when it was launched. If I switch to a different workbook, even through running some code to activate it, the Userform disappears and whatever I do to get it back always returns me to the original workbook that was active when the Userform was Launched.

The Add-in is used to design structural connections, each connection creates a Worksheet in the active Workbook. Some of the structures has more than 500 connections per floor level and therefore I would at least want each floor level in a different workbook and need to switch between the different Workbooks without unloading the Userform.

Part of the of the Add-in connects through API to and FEA (Finite Element Analysis) model. The model and results takes a long time to open and every time the Userform is unloaded I need to close the model and reopen it.

ShowModal=False

I would really appreciate any help I can get even if it is just to correct the terminology to improve my searches or being directed to a forum I have so far missed.

Excel Facts

Which Excel functions can ignore hidden rows?
The SUBTOTAL and AGGREGATE functions ignore hidden rows. AGGREGATE can also exclude error cells and more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartinLarkin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back