VBA form question

dosman

I have created a 23 column spreadsheet with data validation cells using drop down lists and a few columns that do the standard date formatting (4/18/19 displays as Thursday, April 18, 2019)

Converting it to a table is not desirable and I would love to have a user form that "pulls" the validations from the existing cells in 2 sheets. Once the form creates the next row in the sheet I need to be able to go back and adjust values in the drop down lists without having to use the form which I only need to create a new row of data.

I am not a VB coder (although I am learning) but this is above my current pay grade. I do not know if the form would require me to clear the validation from a cell to allow it to do its magic or if the form can merely mirror the validations and formatting that already exist. I need the drop downs to still be functional once the form creates the row.

The form would only require a button on the main sheet labeled "New Job" with an "Add" button at the bottom. I can create the form using the VBA editor but am not sure of the code to insert.

I am more than willing to share the spreadsheet for analysis if anyone can help.

Best regards to an awesome community.

Last edited:
That worked! The only other thing I missed is the job # (column C) seems to have a number validation. It should be a plain text field. Otherwise this is Perfect!

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Round to nearest half hour?
Use =MROUND(A2,"0:30") to round to nearest half hour. Use =CEILING(A2,"0:30") to round to next half hour.
Dante, your code has helped me understand a lot as I try to learn VBA. Sometimes classes do not always help you in real world application. I was able to remove the validation on the Job# and get it ready just by looking at the code you sent me. I cannot thank you enough.

I appreciate your patience more than you know.

Upvote 0
Dante, your code has helped me understand a lot as I try to learn VBA. Sometimes classes do not always help you in real world application. I was able to remove the validation on the Job# and get it ready just by looking at the code you sent me. I cannot thank you enough.

I appreciate your patience more than you know.

Everything is with pleasure. I appreciate your kind comments.

Upvote 0
Dante, almost a year ago you were kind enough to help me with a userform. I find myself needing to add one more combobox to the form. I inserted a column in the worksheet in column V and set up a drop down with 2 possible numbers to choose from in the spreadsheet. I added a combobox to the form and thought I was replicating what you had done. I can choose the values in the spreadsheet but when I activate the form and click the drop down on my new combobox I do not see any values. Can you help me once again?

Upvote 0
Hello, welcome again!
It is an old thread, it is best that you create a new thread for each topic.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peterhess2002

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back