Undo / Redo Shortcuts & VBA

TonySNZ

Hi

In my workbook, I have disabled Formula Bar and Headings (from View). This file is password protected. Password. I have 'auto-hide' ribbon too.

However, by doing this, the 'undo' and 'redo' buttons that sits on the top in the "Quick Access Toolbar" disappears. Yes, we can always take our mouse to the top, which reveals the blank bar and quick tap on this will reveal the Quick Access Toolbar. This works ok but feel cumbersome.

As a substitute to this, can we, somehow, (a) place these 'undo' and 'redo' buttons on e.g. Cell B2? (b) if not, can we write VBA and create a Macro to assign 'undo' and 'redo' functionalities, and assign this macro to an object / button / Active X control button which then can be placed around Cell B2?

Your help would be greatly appreciated. Please let me know.

Regards
t

Excel Facts

Waterfall charts in Excel?
Office 365 customers have access to Waterfall charts since late 2016. They were added to Excel 2019.
Hi & welcome to MrExcel.
Why not just use the inbuilt short cuts? Ctrl Y and Ctrl Z

Upvote 0
Dear Fluff, apologies for the delay. Was away riding my motorbike in Easter holidays. Yes, I know this option is available but I wanted to create shortcut to provide good user experience. Imagine, there are 10 Slicers, and all have to be 'Undo", will take Ctrl + Z 10 times. Compare this with just one button. I hope you got my point. But, I think creating Undo Shortcut will be much harder and complicated than I previously thought. Thanks again. Regards t

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spenstar

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back