pivot table calculated field - by broken out values in a column

smakatura

Board Regular
I know how to do normal calculated fields inside a pivot table and think what I want to do is not just a simple calculated field.

DepartmentGroupDayData Type78
BE Hourly
ChryslerCurrentService Level - % 20
100.00%91.67%
BE Hourly
ChryslerPreviousService Level - % 2098.92%91.67%
<colgroup><col width="102" style="width: 77pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 3730;"> <col width="66" style="width: 50pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 2413;"> <col width="104" style="width: 78pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 3803;"> <col width="149" style="width: 112pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 5449;"> <col width="64" style="width: 48pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 2340;" span="2"> <tbody> </tbody>

I want to produce a pivot table that shows the difference between 7's + 8's values. 7 and 8 represent the hour of the day that calls occurred. I have hours from 1 to 24. there are different types, groups and departments....so nota simple view when done

so base on he above values we can manually calculate the differences

HourPrevious CurrentDifference
798.92100-1.08
<colgroup><col width="64" style="width: 48pt;" span="3"> <col width="73" style="width: 55pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 2669;"> <tbody> </tbody>

since the calculation would use "Day" column vest the values of Previous and current inside the day column, I think this is going to take yucky looking creativity to make happen.

any thoughts on how I cold get a pivot that looks like

Department
GroupData Type12345678
BE HourlyChryslerService Level - % 20 -1.08%0.00%
<colgroup><col width="64" style="width: 48pt;" span="2"> <col width="129" style="width: 97pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 4717;"> <col width="73" style="width: 55pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 2669;"> <col width="64" style="width: 48pt;" span="7"> <tbody> </tbody>

Excel Facts

Format cells as date
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+3 to format cells as date. (Shift 3 is the # sign which sort of looks like a small calendar).
the dates are not today vs yesterday, could be a week ago vs a week before that or a month ago vs a year before that. this will change with every time this pivot is run

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiSonic

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back