Coloring Cells depending on Hourly Schedule Table

aroig07

Hi All,

I am new to making macros with color conditions and I have been having trouble figuring out the logic to my code. I have a table with various rows of jobs with their start and end time on a given day and each of these jobs can pass through multiple machines which are also included in the data on the table. My 24 hour day starts at 1pm and end the next day at 12:59pm, this is were I am having issues because the code is looking at the hours like numbers and with my logic when the day changes from 11:30pm slot to the 12:00am slot it recognizes the later time value as lesser than the 11:30pm time value. Here is what I have until now, I have put note placeholders where this logic could be inserted. I would greatly appreciate the help :)

Code:
Sub cambiarColorCeldas()

Dim rango As Range
Dim celda As Range
Dim C1 As String
Dim i, j, k, flag1, flag2 As Integer
Dim j_first, j_last, i_first, i_last, k_first, k_last, hora, c_print_ini, c_print_fin As Long

'Initialize the variables depending on the location of the data in the Excel sheet
j_first = 4
j_last = 9
i_first = 3
i_last = 50
k_first = 22
k_last = 1000 'apply a big number in case there are multiple jobs to consider

hora = 3

c_print_sch = 3
c_print_cap = 2

c_print_ini = 5
c_print_fin = 6

'flag to know the day changed
flag1 = 0

'Loops that go through the schedule table and color those cells by machine and times in the planner
    For j = j_first To j_last
            For i = i_first To i_last
                For k = k_first To k_last

If Cells(k, c_print_sch).Value <> "" Then

If i <> i_last Then

If Cells(j, c_print_cap).Value = Cells(k, c_print_sch).Value Then

'condition in case it changed day (11:30 PM to 12:00 AM)
                                If Cells(hora, i).Value < Cells(hora, i + 1).Value And flag1 = 0 Then

If ((Cells(k, c_print_ini).Value >= Cells(hora, i).Value) And (Cells(k, c_print_fin).Value < Cells(hora, i + 1).Value)) _
                                    Or ((Cells(k, c_print_ini).Value < Cells(hora, i + 1).Value) And (Cells(k, c_print_fin).Value > Cells(hora, i).Value)) Then

'   MsgBox (Cells(k, c_print_ini).Value) 'test
                                     '   MsgBox (Cells(hora, i).Value)
                                     '   MsgBox (Cells(k, c_print_fin).Value) 'test

Cells(j, i).Interior.ColorIndex = 48

End If

Else

If flag1 = 0 Then
                                        If (Cells(k, c_print_fin).Value >= Cells(hora, i).Value) And (Cells(k, c_print_fin).Value < Cells(hora, i + 1).Value) Then

Else
                                            'here missing how to take into consideration when there is no jobs in the other hours********

End If

Else
                                    'here missing the code used when the change of day has occured and keep coloring the cells********

'  MsgBox "FIN: " & Cells(k, c_print_fin).Value & " < INI:" & Cells(k, c_print_ini).Value
                                        If (Cells(k, c_print_fin).Value < Cells(k, c_print_ini).Value) Then

If Cells(hora, i).Value < Cells(k, c_print_fin).Value Then

Else
                                                GoTo salto

End If
                                        End If

End If

flag1 = 1

End If
                            End If
                        End If

Else
                    'this code is only for the last instance of the column of hours
                        If Cells(j, c_print_cap).Value = Cells(k, c_print_sch).Value Then

If (Cells(k, c_print_ini).Value > Cells(hora, i).Value) Or (Cells(k, c_print_fin).Value > Cells(hora, i).Value) Then

End If

End If
                     End If

salto:                Next k
             Next i

flag1 = 0

Next j

End Sub

Last edited by a moderator:

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrauni

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back