worksheetS.copy vs worksheet.copy

lezawang

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi
I understand Worksheet.copy and what is used for. But to my surprise, I see Worksheets the collection has a functions called copy ,move and delete as well. What are these for? Thank you.

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Fastest way to copy a worksheet?
Hold down the Ctrl key while dragging tab for Sheet1 to the right. Excel will make a copy of the worksheet.
I know you can Activesheet.copy, but not singular worksheet.copy.....it's always worksheets.copy OR Sheets.copy.
If you read about worksheet.copy on the Microsoft page, you will notice all of the provided examples are worksheets.copy OR Sheets.copy.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thank you. I meant Worksheets(1).copy which is equivalent to worksheet.copy, I meant worksheets(1) is a worksheet object which has a method called "copy"; hence I said worksheet.copy. I understand Worksheets(1).copy but I do not see what is the use of WorkSheets.copy (worksheets is the collection object)

Upvote 0
I meant
Worksheet (the object) has methods like move, copy, and delete. I understand these methods
Worksheets (the collection object) has methods like move, copy and delete. For what these functions are used

Upvote 0
Yes that is what I was looking for. I googled Worksheets.copy but they all taking about the worksheet object dot copy. That link is amazing. Thank you so much.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tanurai

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back