Thanks Thanks: 0 Likes Likes: 0

Board Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default How to cell reference from certain files based on dates

I have daily files that "feed" information to summary file. Right now it is a manual process. (copy-paste)
    There are certain cell ranges in daily file that feed information to specific sheet and specific date in summary file.
    I want to find a way to make it automatic.
    I almost did it with the formula, but excel doesn't let me implement it.
    I have created the formula in summary file that identifies which cell to reference in daily file based on date and value in cell:
    Code:
    =CONCATENATE("=","IFERROR","(",CONCATENATE("'",$B$2," ",TEXT($B33,"yyyy"),"",TEXT($B33,"mmm"),"","[",TEXT($B33,"ddd, mmm dd"),".xlsb]",CONCATENATE($B$3,C$2))&"+"&CONCATENATE("'",$B$2," ",TEXT($B33,"yyyy"),"",TEXT($B33,"mmm"),"","[",TEXT($B33,"ddd, mmm dd"),"_2",".xlsb]",CONCATENATE($B$3,C$2)),",","'",$B$2," ",TEXT($B33,"yyyy"),"",TEXT($B33,"mmm"),"","[",TEXT($B33,"ddd, mmm dd"),".xlsb]",CONCATENATE($B$3,C$2))

This formula is used for 3000+ cells
    Which results in the following formula as an example for one cell
    Code:
    =IFERROR('K:\Maint\PLANING\DSC CALENDARS 2019\Apr\[Tue, Apr 02.xlsb]Millright data'!B7+'K:\Maint\PLANING\DSC CALENDARS 2019\Apr\[Tue, Apr 02_2.xlsb]Millright data'!B7,'K:\Maint\PLANING\DSC CALENDARS 2019\Apr\[Tue, Apr 02.xlsb]Millright data'!B7

To make this formula work I need to replace "=" with itself. The issue is if daily file doesn't exist yet. It shows the following error and stops replacement process for other cells, even if I make it a macro:

https://ibb.co/TvTfDs7
    Is there a way to avoid this popup ? Or any other way to automate this process ?
    Last edited by szakharov7723; Apr 24th, 2019 at 12:02 PM.

Board Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: How to cell reference from certain files based on dates

For some reason I cannot see uploaded picture. So just in case describing it here: It is Update Values popup window. It wants me to select the file (I press cancel obviously)

Some videos you may like

User Tag List