Assigning a Macro to a Control

TWriter1

I am working with Form buttons and assigning macros to the buttons. When I first create a button, I can easily assign a macro by selecting Assign Macro from the shortcut menu. If I want to change the macro assigned to a button, or assign it after I have renamed the button, I cannot for the life of me get the original shortcut menu to pop-up. If I right-click all I get is Move, Copy, Cancel.

I have tried everything and it is making me crazy.

I am using Excel 2016.

Please advise.

Excel Facts

What do {} around a formula in the formula bar mean?
{Formula} means the formula was entered using Ctrl+Shift+Enter signifying an old-style array formula.
There is always the option to delete the button and then add a new one for the different macro, if you no longer want the old macro on a button. The right click seems to work for me, however. Maybe it is a version difference. I could not duplicate the results you are getting.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thank you for your response. That is what I ended up doing, but what I don't understand is why I can't get the original shortcut menu when I right-click. If I keep trying, it pops up about one out of 10 tries. Looking or some insight into why it isn't consistent.

Upvote 0
I seem to remember having a similar condition when I had Windows 7 or 8, don't remember which. But have not experienced it with Win 10.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DW Draft

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back