Mirroring workbook

rbscott1989

Hello,

I am having an issue that I can't seem to find a solutionto. I have 2 separate excelworkbooks. The main workbook containsseveral worksheets that are all linked to one worksheet (WIZARD). That worksheet is then linked to a user form(COMPANY SAT REQUEST). On one workbook Ihave it to where the user form works throughout the entire workbook. However, 1 the file size is too large and 2 Iwant to restrict the users from accessing the rest of the worksheets.
What I want to be able to do is have a separate workbookwith just the user form and then when the user makes updates the data is pulledto the correlating workbook with the user form which allows the data to bedistributed across the rest of the workbook. Essentially I just want to mirror whatever the user puts on the form.
In the form I have several drop down lists and checkboxes. I want everything to include thecheck box values to copy over. Can thiseven be done?!
Any help you gurus can offer is greatly appreciated!
Ryan

Excel Facts

Excel Joke
Why can't spreadsheets drive cars? They crash too often!
The quick answer is YES ... it can be done.

The longer answer involves how your workbooks are designed / laid out, where they are stored, how they are accessed, etc. etc.

Upvote 0
The quick answer is YES ... it can be done.

The longer answer involves how your workbooks are designed / laid out, where they are stored, how they are accessed, etc. etc.

Thanks for your quick reply! My workbooks are designed, I would say not traditionally. Meaning the headings are not at the top of the columns. The one I want to focus on is the one I have created "WIZARD" this one literally fills in all the other corresponding sheets. I'm doing this to save time on filling out every sheet individually. The workbooks will ultimately be stored on either a shared drive or our share point portal.

Does this answer some of those questions?

Thank you

Upvote 0
Ok !

If it is me or another volunteer, you will receive the quickest and most accurate answer/s if you can post your
workbooks for review. This forum doesn't have a means to attach workbooks to a post, so you will need to
use a cloud site like DROPBOX.com or similar.

Upvote 0
Ok !

If it is me or another volunteer, you will receive the quickest and most accurate answer/s if you can post your
workbooks for review. This forum doesn't have a means to attach workbooks to a post, so you will need to
use a cloud site like DROPBOX.com or similar.

Okay thanks! I will post a link to it tomorrow when I go into work!

Upvote 0
The workbook is designed in Google Sheets. There are some subtle differences between Excel and Google. I haven't worked wit Google so
I can identify those differences. Don't know if or how any differences will affect working on it in Excel.

What sheet does the user fill out ?

When the sheet is completed ... where does that data go within the workbook ? Is it populated to another or several sheets ? If so, which one/s.

Upvote 0
Odd, I sent the doc to my Google Drive. I figured you would still be able to open it in Excel. I will see if I did something wrong when posting the link.
The user fills out the "COMPANY SAT REQUEST" This information is then pulled into the "WIZARD". Here is where we assign different parameters based off the mission details Data filled in from the WIZARD distributes data to corresponding tabs. The only thing I want the users to have access to is the User Form. Now I know I can hide/protect the other sheets. I just want to see if there is a way to have the user fill out just the COMPANY SAT REQUEST on its own workbook and then when it comes to us the data is pulled or mirrored to my workbook. From there everything is distributed out to its perspective cells.

Thank you for taking the time to help me!

Upvote 0
If you follow the link, it opens in google sheets. However, at the top right of the page is a download option. It lets you download it to your PC in excel format.

Upvote 0
Downloaded the workbook. No issues.

Give me some time to review and determine best course of action.

Will the workbook be used solely in Google Sheets or are you open to using Excel ?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omarahmed1

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back