Formula in a cell disappears when data is entered

teachman

Hello,

My problem is that I have a cell that concatenates 4 other cells. For example cell A1 has the following formula: =G6&K6&P6&V6 Let's say that G6 = 2019; K6 =MI; P6 = 031; and V6 = 037. As these four cells are populated the concatenation in A1 yields 2015MI031037 So, the concatenation works.

The problem is, sometimes the formula in A1 disappears and only the concatenation remains. What the heck! Why is this happening and how to make the formula stay?

Thanks,
George Teachman

Excel Facts

Can you AutoAverage in Excel?
There is a drop-down next to the AutoSum symbol. Open the drop-down to choose AVERAGE, COUNT, MAX, or MIN
Either somebody is copy/pasting as values, or you have macro that is doing it.

Upvote 0
Or you open a workbook with a userform in it that has a control linked to cell A1.

Upvote 0
Their are no user forms. Their are no macros used to enter the data. All of the code their is is what is in the cells mentioned. I thought about if the cell was protected or unprotected but experimenting with that didn't make any difference. The only person using this spreadsheet (that looks like a form) is me. And I don't copy and paste. What is more strange is that sometimes after the concatenation takes place moving the cursor (via the keyboard) into that cell will show the formula but when I put the cursor in the cell using the mouse all I see is the value of the concatenation and not the formula.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
screechyboy79

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back