Button needing 2 clicks after changing focus to another program

SlinkRN

Hi all,
I am using an Excel automated sheet to prompt users on what to enter into another program. After they switch focus to the other program (not Excel) to enter data, when they come back over to the Excel sheet, the button shape that I have added with code attached only works on the second click. Is there any way that I can get that button to work on the first click after Excel has lost focus? I do not have access to write code in the other program though so that is not an option. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Slink

Excel Facts

Why does 9 mean SUM in SUBTOTAL?
It is because Sum is the 9th alphabetically in Average, Count, CountA, Max, Min, Product, StDev.S, StDev.P, Sum, VAR.S, VAR.P.
Hi

It sounds like that is just normal operation to me? When they click the button the first time they are merely re-focussing Excel not actually pressing the button. You could click anywhere on the workbook then press the button.
If the workbook is minimised between use the restoring of it will be the same as the first click. Can you minimise the file as part of the process so they are forced to 'un-minimise' it?

Upvote 0
Thanks Dave, Yes that is true. The user doesn't really realize that Excel lost focus though so they feel like the button needs 2 clicks. I found a tip online where you can use an activeX label and make it transparent and then make it run a macro when you pass over it (on hover). I thought I could maybe use that trick to "activate Excel" just by passing over the invisible label on their way to the Next button but I'm getting an error on that code. I could maybe minimize on Deactivate like you suggested, but I'm thinking that might be more time consuming than having to click the button twice. It's really not a huge deal for them to click twice, I just thought it would be fun to try to "fix" it so they only have to click once. Thanks for your reply! Susan

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzskater

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back