Looping of a copy/paste/PDF generator macro

Dr_drc

Dear MrExcel community.

Over the last year I have needed to collect and process more and more data which is coming my way from an online survey distributed to colleagues. The output of this survey is generating an array of data which is 40 column x 300 row (thereabouts). I am currently performing a custom sort to alphabetize a name variable before selecting 4 rows specific to a chosen name. I past this data into a new sheet before in turn populating a template on a 3rd sheet through a series 1-2-1 cut/paste operations. This template in turn has a telescoped PDF save operation. The fact that there is a (likely) redundant 2nd sheet and lots of individual cut&pastes is a reflection on my lack of knowledge and experience and having cobbled this together via macro recordings and some found code.

The essence of my query is how I can loop the initial array selection so I can loop and ultimately generate all PDF reports at one point in time, a time which is most suitable for the reporting to colleagues rather than piecemeal.

Essentially, I would like to select Range("A2:W5") from sheet1 and input that into the described cascade of cut/paste and PDF saves over sheets 2 and 3, before moving onto Range("A6:W9") until running out of 4 row ranges.

I thought I would be able to find/adapt something....but no....getting very frustrated by what must be simple .

I'm happy to share what code I have, but as it is clunky and runs to pages because of all the cut/pastes I thought I would leave off in the short term.

Many thanks in advance,

Dr_drc

Excel Facts

Last used cell?
Press Ctrl+End to move to what Excel thinks is the last used cell.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kj9

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back