Excel 64 bit issues

sitewolf

I know this isn't the normal type of question for this forum, but I wasn't sure where else to ask.

Recently I had an issue where research indicated I'd benefit from changing to the 64 bit version of Office 365, so I did.
Now, however, I'm running into things I've not seen before.

One example being that, despite the modules showing the macros in a spread sheet, I can't run them and the macro list is blank.
Yet a duplicate file containing the exact same macros is fine. I've saved that file over the other eliminating that problem, but why did it happen in the first place?

Another being, a file I've used for years now yields a 'can't find project or library' error...a file that still works fine on a computer running 32 bit.

Did I just err in updating to 64 bit?

Excel Facts

When they said...
When they said you are going to "Excel at life", they meant you "will be doing Excel your whole life".
The latter error means you have a reference problem. The former I'd suspect the workbook was open in protected view perhaps?

There are issues with 64bit - notably API calls need to be updated, and most ActiveX controls that aren't from the MSForms library won't work - but the vast majority of code should work the same.

Upvote 0
The latter error means you have a reference problem. The former I'd suspect the workbook was open in protected view perhaps?

There are issues with 64bit - notably API calls need to be updated, and most ActiveX controls that aren't from the MSForms library won't work - but the vast majority of code should work the same.

I'm not sure re the former, but I guess unless it happens again I'll never know.

re a reference problem, please explain? I didn't change the file nor its location during or after the upgrade to 64 bit

Upvote 0
It sounds like your file has references set to libraries other than the standard ones, and one of them is now missing. It may be that it's not 64bit compatible, but it's hard to be sure without knowing which reference it is.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lancelots

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back