Pull data from a defined list of files and summarise on a single sheet

TDotLeafs

Hello,

I have a workbook which has a named ranged which contains the full path to a number of Excel workbooks. I'm trying to put a macro together that can pull data (either by opening in each of the files in the background, copying and pasting and then closing the file OR using the OLEBD or ADO) from each of these external workbooks in turn, however I'm failing miserably.

There are three named ranges in each of the target workbooks that I would like to bring back to the master workbook (which contains the links).

Source data is in a dynamically sized named range starting in cell C8 on a worksheet called Links. The contents of each cell is the full path and name of an Excel workbook.

Target for the data is the same work book on a sheet called Summaries. I'd like to have the first named range (SiteName) in A1, the second (SiteType) in A2 and the third, which is a fixed size table / range (8 rows by 7 columns) into the A3. I'd then like to leave a space before repeating with the data from the other sheets.

Can anyone please help?

Excel Facts

Show numbers in thousands?
Use a custom number format of #,##0,K. Each comma after the final 0 will divide the displayed number by another thousand

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foxpro

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back