How many userforms can excel handle?

mykulpasskwa

Board Regular
Long story short I'm still about one years old using VBA and I'm making a spreadsheet with multiple semesters in column A. In column B is tuition, and in column C is fees. I just started making this so I haven't gotten very far, but I currently have it set up where when you click on cell C1 a userform ("Fees Form") appears and there's 8 text boxes that adds different fees together. I have the inputs stored out-of-sight in individual cells so that the fees will load each time the form is opened for that semester. I only have this set up for one cell so far, but I was wondering how to best execute this across many semesters. So the next semester would be in C2, the next C3, so on and so forth. Can I use one form ("Fees Form") and when I click on a specific row (say C2) it will load a that semesters fees, and if I click on a different row (C3) then it will load that semesters fees? Or do I need to use a different form for each semester?

Because I will need a form to calculate tuition, another form to calculate scholarships, another for grants, another for xyz...it looks like I'll need somewhere between 36-48 forms if I need a different form for each category in each semester. This doesn't seem practical to me and also I'm not sure how excel will handle it. Any thoughts?

AB C
SemesterTuitionFees
1Fall 1000100
2Spring 2000200
3Summer 1 3000300
4Summer 24000400

<colgroup><col width="64" span="4" style="width:48pt"> </colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>

No, I definitely don't know much of this. I understand what Excel and VB are capable of but I often don't have a clue how to do it. I've been teaching myself VBA for about a year, and I'm just now learning about Multipages haha.

I really like the idea of putting the controls on the UserForm. Makes it much cleaner!

I am interested in changing the colors if you have some spare time to post it.

Lynda.com through my university was pretty helpful getting me comfortable with messing around with VBA, but these forums are the only thing that's really helped me accomplish anything. Thanks again for all the help!

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Does the VLOOKUP table have to be sorted?
No! when you are using an exact match, the VLOOKUP table can be in any order. Best-selling items at the top is actually the best.
Well if you just want to color the Userform.

When designing the Userform just click on the Userform and in the properties window click on Backcolor and choose Pallett and chose a color from the color palette

To color a Multipage Page you must click on the Multipage Page and then from the toolbox choose image then position the image over the Multipage Page

Now from the Properties window having the image still selected choose BackColor then choose Palette and choose the color you want from the color palette.

Now you can put your other controls you want on the Multipage page.

If you already have controls on your Userform you can Place the image over top of all the controls and color it but you will see the controls you had on the form are now not visible.

To solve that problem right click on the image and choose Send Backward

Now you should see your controls. You may have to do this several times to see all your controls.

That's why its easier to first put down the colored image and then put on the controls

Now we are talking about Multipage pages here. if you want the userform colored all you must do is select the Userform and from the properties window and color it using the Palette
you have numerous colors to choose from

All your controls can be colored the same way just click the control and choose Backcolor or forecolor and color it the same way

For some reason coloring the Multipage pages require a Image

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arle8907

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back