Pulling Value From A Table

MaxQTIme

Hi Everyone, I need some help automating an excel sheet I use at work. None of the "Excel Experts" at work can tell me how to do this. I'm not sure if it's even possible to do what I want to do.

So we use this excel sheet to calculate shipping, the shipping rates are based off of where the load is going and how many pallets are being shipped. Right now we ave to manually look up and input the value for the skid rate and the number of pallets into the sheet used for the calculation.

Is there a way to set 2 drop downs and have the sheet automatically pull the values into the right spots?

I'm an absolute beginner to VBA, but I do have some programming experience with C#

Any help with this would be hugely appreciated.

Excel Facts

Excel motto
Not everything I do at work revolves around Excel. Only the fun parts.
Hello,

Is there a way to set 2 drop downs and have the sheet automatically pull the values into the right spots?

Very probably ... a simple formula will do the job ... an ' Index / Match ' combination ... no need to use VBA ...

But ... all of this will remain theoretical with the actual structure of your sheet ...

Upvote 0
Vba can do things like this but to provide you a script that will do this always requires specific details

Like sheet name where on sheet are rates found and on and on

Give us a example of what you want with specific details

If I select Gas from a drop down List in column C and Select where the Gas is going in column D same row and how many pallets entered in column D same row put results in column E same row.

See we need specific details like this.

Upvote 0
Right now the rates are in a separate file ( I know, I have my work cut out for me). The way the rates are set up is the locations are are in column A and go down starting in cell A2, the number of pallets are in row 1 and start in cell B1 and go across. I need to move this data into the second sheet of the Excel file we use for calculating the costs. So, we would select the location from a drop down list based on the locations column. The number of pallets doesn't really need a drop down if there is a way of searching by the number the we put in a certain cell.

I can probably upload a copy of the sheet we use for the calculations, but not the sheet filled with the rates.

Upvote 0
Thanks for that explanation. But still not many specific details.
Like you said in another file. But you did not say the workbook name or where on the other Workbook.

And I asked where the final Results should be entered and I did not see where you answered that question.

This is beyond my knowledgebase.
I will continue to monitor this thread to see what I can learn.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KH Consulting

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back