Excel VBA code request to limit access to workbook

Rotimil1

[FONT=&quot]I have a spreadsheet that I use with the sales force. I want to send out the spreadsheet but I want to make it such that the reps can only see the customers they manage. I want their Usernames to be what limits their view. Is there a VBA code I can use?[/FONT]

Excel Facts

How to create a cell-sized chart?
Tiny charts, called Sparklines, were added to Excel 2010. Look for Sparklines on the Insert tab.
Welcome to the Board!

You typically don't want to rely on Excel for securing/hiding things if it is truly important that certain users should not see certain things in the file. Excel does not do a very good of that, and most every technique I have seen can be overcome, without a ton of effort.

Note the warnings that Microsoft says here: https://support.office.com/en-ie/ar...in-excel-be0b34db-8cb6-44dd-a673-0b3e3475ac2d

Here is an article that talks about one of the "securer" ways of hiding sheets, but it even admits that these can easily be defeated, if users know the "trick" (and they can be found pretty simply with Google searches):
https://www.techrepublic.com/blog/microsoft-office/hide-excel-sheets-really-hide-them/

You would be better off running a macro that just exports the data that the specific user needs to see, and send them that, instead of sending them a file that contains everything, with some things hidden.

Upvote 0
How is your workbook designed ? The layout ?

Can you provide an example (DropBox.com, Google Cloud, etc.) without confidential information ?

Having a copy of the workbook is the fastest and best method of creating something for you.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hengshankouniuniu

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back