Update Excel 2003 Code to 2016

Lisichka

I have a code in my Excel sheet to upload multiple pictures from a scanner. In the 2003 version of Excel, I have a Macro for "Insert Picture from Scanner or Camera" function called "TWAIN" with the following code:

Application.CommandBars.FindControl(ID:=1764).Execute

With the changes in Excel, the 2016 version no longer supports this Macro, but my coding skills are minimal so I am in need of assistance on how to write this code using the 2016 version. All help is appreciated!

Excel Facts

How to show all formulas in Excel?
Press Ctrl+` to show all formulas. Press it again to toggle back to numbers. The grave accent is often under the tilde on US keyboards.
I am guessing that maybe this macro uses a special Add-In or Library/Reference.
If you look at it in 2003, go to Visual Basic, click on the Tools menu, and take a look at the References and see which ones are checked.
Then, do the save on 2016 and check to see if any are missing. If so, scroll the list, and see if there are any similar versions.

Likewise, check for Add-Ins, as described here: https://support.office.com/en-ie/ar...in-excel-0af570c4-5cf3-4fa9-9b88-403625a0b460

Upvote 0
I see that you "liked" my reply. Does that mean it solved your issue?
I am curious, which one was it (missing library or missing add-in)?

Upvote 0
I see that you "liked" my reply. Does that mean it solved your issue?
I am curious, which one was it (missing library or missing add-in)?

I made the post in place of my coworker in the facility. Once I hear back from them, I'll let you know how it went!

Upvote 0
My coworker's response:
"To answers your questions Yes and no. Excel doesn’t support capturing from a scanner or web cam, so there is no code that supports that. But, looking through the Reference tables pointed me to a “screen clipping tool”. With that tool I am able to capture any pictures off the screen, and insert that into Excel, as long as I have my web cam viewer open. The screen clipping tool works better than the Macro.

I’m still working on the Excel sheet and another Macro. This one is to place the pictures in the top right corner and to the edges of the cell.

Long story short…. Thank you.
You pointed me in the right direction."

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartinLarkin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back