VBA Code Question - Novice

hiply

Hi

I've developed a worksheet with a rating scale. I've been attempting to code where if an exclamation mark occurs, a pop message appears. However, the pop up message only appears when I double click on the cell where the exclamation mark (!) occurs. My desired outcome is when the exclamation mark appears (as a result based on formula) I like the pop message to appear and not when I have double click on the cell. Could someone please help a novice VBA coder.

Thank you

This is the formula that results to the exclamation "!". If exclamation "!" appears within the range, I would like a pop up message to occur as a result.

Formula

=IF(COUNT(W16:AC16)>1,"!",IF(COUNT(W16:AC16)<1,"←",""))

The VBA code below only works when I double click on the cell where the "!" appears and the pop up message appears. Anyway to fix the VBA code where the result of the formula will show the pop message?

VBA Code
Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
If Not Range("K16:K18").Find(what:="!", LookIn:=xlValues, lookat:=xlWhole, MatchCase:=True) Is Nothing Then
MsgBox "Message"
End If
End Sub

Thank you

Excel Facts

Can Excel fill bagel flavors?
You can teach Excel a new custom list. Type the list in cells, File, Options, Advanced, Edit Custom Lists, Import, OK
Hi

I've developed a worksheet with a rating scale. I've been attempting to code where if an exclamation mark occurs, a pop message appears. However, the pop up message only appears when I double click on the cell where the exclamation mark (!) occurs. My desired outcome is when the exclamation mark appears (as a result based on formula) I like the pop message to appear and not when I have double click on the cell. Could someone please help a novice VBA coder.

Thank you

This is the formula that results to the exclamation "!". If exclamation "!" appears within the range, I would like a pop up message to occur as a result.

Formula

=IF(COUNT(W16:AC16)>1,"!",IF(COUNT(W16:AC16)<1,"←",""))

The VBA code below only works when I double click on the cell where the "!" appears and the pop up message appears. Anyway to fix the VBA code where the result of the formula will show the pop message?

VBA Code
If Not Range("K16:K18").Find(what:="!", LookIn:=xlValues, lookat:=xlWhole, MatchCase:=True) Is Nothing Then
MsgBox "Message"
End If
End Sub

Thank you

The Change event is activated only when you modify a cell.
In this case the message should be displayed when you modify any of the cells in the W16:AC16 range, as long as they are values ​​and not formulas.

Try this:

Code:
    If Not Intersect(Target, Range("W16:AC16")) Is Nothing Then
        If Target.Count > 1 Then Exit Sub
            MsgBox "Message"
        End If
    End If
End Sub

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmmotairi

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back