Prevent users from changing font

rdoncarlos

We use Excel to fill out some preprinted government forms on a shared computer. Someone changed the font resulting in legal issues when the next document was printed out. How do I lock the font so data entered always uses a specific font? I can see how to do it in Word, but we have to use Excel to force data to appear in specific locations on the sheet.

Excel Facts

Format cells as date
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+3 to format cells as date. (Shift 3 is the # sign which sort of looks like a small calendar).
How about setting\choosing the desired font , unlocking the cells and then protecting the worksheet ?

Upvote 0
I do not see a settings tab. I am using Excel 2016 and my tabs are File, Home, Insert, Page, Formulas, Data, Review, and View. I can lock fields to prevent changes but any field that is unlocked allows the user to change the font style and size as well as enter data.

What am I overlooking here?

Upvote 0
I too use excel 2016 and once you protect the worksheet , you cannot change the font style, size etc of the unlocked cells ...

Upvote 0
You are correct! I had protected it but saw it would allow me to select different font sizes. It did not occur to me to check, until now, that selecting different sizes does not change anything. This should make management happy.

Thank you for your help!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ED38

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back