Copy n' paste 150 rows on individual sheet with header then loop to next 150

mahjohn

The title pretty much says what I'm looking for, I need to breakout a sheet of 15,000+ rows into individual sheets of 150 data rows + header row from sheet 1. I just don't know enough coding to be able to make this happen. Appreciate the help, thanks.

Excel Facts

Last used cell?
Press Ctrl+End to move to what Excel thinks is the last used cell.
Code:
Sub t()
Dim sh As Worksheet
Set sh = ActiveSheet
With sh
    For i = 2 To .UsedRange.Rows.Count - 1 Step 150
        Sheets.Add After:=Sheets(Sheets.Count)
        sh.Rows(1).Copy ActiveSheet.Range("A1")
        sh.Cells(i, 1).Resize(150).EntireRow.Copy ActiveSheet.Range("A2")
    Next
End With
End Sub

Upvote 0
How about
Code:
Sub mahjohn()
   Dim i As Long
   Dim Hdr As Variant

Application.ScreenUpdating = False
   With ActiveSheet.UsedRange
      Hdr = .Rows(1).Value
      For i = 2 To .Rows.Count Step 150
         Sheets.Add(, Sheets(Sheets.Count)).Name = "Pass " & Application.RoundUp(i / 150, 0)
         Range("A1").Resize(, UBound(Hdr, 2)).Value = Hdr
         .Rows(i).Resize(150).Copy Range("A2")
      Next i
   End With
End Sub

Upvote 0
You're welcome & thanks for the feedback

Upvote 0
I tested both macros and they both work, but as usual my problem is more complicated than I thought and i'm struggling to explain what i'm trying to do, even though I do it manually..:confused:

Column A has a list of "Product Names"
Column B has a list of "IDs"

(neither of which are unique, there are duplicates, as a unique identifier is Column A+B+F+G+H)

I split the initial sheet into 150 row chunks which are submitted to create tickets for techs to work on. Tickets are created based on a combination of A+B:
If the Name of A2 = "XYZ" and B2 = "38169" and A3 = "XYZ" and B3 = "38169", etc.. One ticket is created for this.

However, as soon as there is a change in either the Product Name or the ID, a new ticket is generated. For example

As in the example above, A2 = "XYZ" and B2 = "38169" and A3 = "XYZ" and B3 = "38169" would equal one ticket, then A4 = "XYZ" + B4 = "JKD" would be the start of a new ticket, and A5 = "ABC" + A5 = "XYZ" would also be a new ticket as even though the ID is the same, the product has changed.

To further complicate things, if an A+B combination were to span two sheets, i.e., Row 150 on Sheet 1 and Row 2 on Sheet 2, this would result in two tickets on the same day for the same combination which cannot happen. I look at the sheet down to 152 (including header) and if the A+B combination in that row is the same as 151 i check 150, then 149, 148, etc...until get to where it changes...say...140, then that's my cut off. Up to row 140 is copied to a new sheet and the counting starts from 141 on a new sheet. If there is a time when there are greater than 150 of the same A+B combination, then the first 150 are on one sheet and the rest continue on another sheet by themselves with no other A+B combination, to be submitted another day....so complicated

Upvote 0
According to formum posting guidelines, this would be a new topic and should be started in a new thread. It appears that what you are trying to manage is a continuation of the same selection criteriea between consecutive worksheets. You might want to consider that for your new thread topic.
Regards, JLG

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocbudda

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back