Thanks Thanks: 0 Likes Likes: 0

Board Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Filtering a column to stop at a specific row

Sorry for this question, I'm sure it's super easy but I can't figure this out.

I have a spreadsheet for all of my spend info. There are 924 rows, on row 907 I have a subtotal formula which is there to provide a sub-total when I filter the category column for a specific category (auto-gas for example). The issue that I have is, when I filter the category column everything including the row with the subtotal formula is filtered out, however rows 911 - 924 (used for balancing) are still visible. So somehow rows 907-910 disappear. How can I filter this spreadsheet and have the filtering stop at row 906?

One other thing I just discovered; I opened Advanced Filter and noticed the range was set at $A$3:$N$910. I changed this range to $A$3:$N$906 but when I clicked OK and then reopened it, it was set back to $A$3:$N$910. So I played around with that and figured out if I set it to $A$3:$N$900 it would retain that setting. How can I get it to retain the setting $A$3:$N$906?

I appreciate your help and this board very much.

Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Filtering a column to stop at a specific row

in the advanced filter you can exclude a certain row to your liking by using the "contains" or "does not contain" options

Some videos you may like

User Tag List