Filtering a column to stop at a specific row

Rosstamon

Board Regular
Sorry for this question, I'm sure it's super easy but I can't figure this out.

I have a spreadsheet for all of my spend info. There are 924 rows, on row 907 I have a subtotal formula which is there to provide a sub-total when I filter the category column for a specific category (auto-gas for example). The issue that I have is, when I filter the category column everything including the row with the subtotal formula is filtered out, however rows 911 - 924 (used for balancing) are still visible. So somehow rows 907-910 disappear. How can I filter this spreadsheet and have the filtering stop at row 906?

One other thing I just discovered; I opened Advanced Filter and noticed the range was set at $A$3:$N$910. I changed this range to $A$3:$N$906 but when I clicked OK and then reopened it, it was set back to $A$3:$N$910. So I played around with that and figured out if I set it to $A$3:$N$900 it would retain that setting. How can I get it to retain the setting $A$3:$N$906?

I appreciate your help and this board very much.

Thank you.

Excel Facts

Create a chart in one keystroke
Select the data and press Alt+F1 to insert a default chart. You can change the default chart to any chart type
in the advanced filter you can exclude a certain row to your liking by using the "contains" or "does not contain" options

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Et_Cetera

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back