Concatenate Function

Am5687

I am trying to pull data from individual employee sheets in a workbook. I am trying to concatenate the sheets and match them to the employee name and input the data from the same 4 cells on their worksheet into a table on another worksheet. If I use the IF function I will have to do that formula each time the list changes so I am trying to automate that. I also need to do this for a date in four other cells.

I have tried

=CONCATENATE(associate,IF('Ringo Starr'!$B$21=4,"B",IF('Ringo Starr'!$D$21=4,"S",IF('Ringo Starr'!$F$21=4,"G",IF('Ringo Starr'!$H$21="P","")))))

Thanks for any help.

Excel Facts

Excel Can Read to You
Customize Quick Access Toolbar. From All Commands, add Speak Cells or Speak Cells on Enter to QAT. Select cells. Press Speak Cells.
Re: Concatenate Function help

try the following macro codes
Code:
Sub join()
Dim a As Long
Sheets.Add.Name = "summary"
For a = 1 To Sheets.Count
Sheets("summary").Cells(a, 1) = Sheets(a).Name
Sheets("summary").Cells(a, 2) = Sheets(a).Cells(21, 2) & " " & Sheets(a).Cells(21, 4) & " " & Sheets(a).Cells(21, 6)
Next a
MsgBox "complete"
End Sub
i am not clear on your conditional clauses.
ravishankar

Upvote 0
What I have is a cover sheet where all the tabs are indexed. Each employee has their own tab with the machines they are certified on. There are 7 machines and 4 levels of certification starting at B21 to H27. I also have a display page with a list of the employees name that I take from the index on page 1. What I am looking for is a formula that will match the name in column A to the index and pull the data from each employee page and put it in a column on the display page. Right now I can do that with the if function. The problem is I need to do it individually and if we let an employee go I will need to manually change everything. So in this example =if(‘Ringo Starr’b$B$21=4,”B”) instead of Ringo Starr I would like something that would match the name in column A to the employee sheet that could be copied down the list 150 times and reference each employees sheet.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ED38

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back