Mouse wheel scroll through ComboBox dropdown.

dagda13

Board Regular
Hi,

I'm using Excel 2016 64-bit and have a ComboBox with a dropdown that contains 150+ lines. I'm trying to set it up so that I can scroll through the lines with the mouse wheel.

Excel Facts

Did you know Excel offers Filter by Selection?
Add the AutoFilter icon to the Quick Access Toolbar. Select a cell containing Apple, click AutoFilter, and you will get all rows with Apple

I've been looking for a better solution to this problem. Jafaar's solution works, however I've had some problems with it. Occasionally, if it has control of a scroll wheel and Excel loses focus, it will keep your scroll wheel trapped in that combobox. This means it is impossible to scroll anything else. I wasn't able to find any alternative for that code though. It will probably be fine for dagda's use case, but if anyone is switching windows there can be problems.

Upvote 0
I have somewhere in my projects a different solution, I think. But at the moment no time to dig it up. See what I can do. But I am also sure that works for Office 32, no idea about Office 64

Upvote 0
Open and old thread, Sijpie, did you find any better solution? I got the same problem as BlueAure

Upvote 0
I used code by Peter Thornton. It sometimes has issues. Here is a thread that discusses improvements on the code and how to make it work on 64bits PCs as well.

because it uses hooks into the windows system I think it will always be a bit haphazard.

Upvote 0
We discussed this topic recently in this thread :
The code doesn't use a Windows hook so it is stable and won't crash excel.

Upvote 0
Ok. So you do not know any code that will work stable on a worksheet?
Sorry what do you mean ?
The code in the link is stable but it is designed for comboboxes on userforms not for comboboxes embeeded in worksheets.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ED38

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back