Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2019
  3. 2016
  4. 2011
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. MacOS
When I open my Macro-Enabled workbook and then click Developer -> Visual Basic, the VBA window sometimes opens extremely small. It doesn't always do it, but I'd say around every 5th or 6th time I open the VBA window (when Excel has just been launched) it will do this. Anyone ever have this problem, and if so, any clue how to get it to stop doing this?

Here's a pic of how small the VBA window is when it happens.

Screenshot-106.png

Excel Facts

Does the VLOOKUP table have to be sorted?
No! when you are using an exact match, the VLOOKUP table can be in any order. Best-selling items at the top is actually the best.
I haven't had it with the VBA window, but I know that if I shut down the application while the Excel window is diminished, I can expect Excel to open with a smaller screen. My editor screen pretty much stays whatever size it was that I resized it to when I last used it. But with these later versions of Excel, I am not sure what would affect the sizing of the editor screen.

Upvote 0
I have the same issue, think it may have started after the last update. It's not the end of the world but frustrating!

I use dual monitors, wonder if that has anything to do with it? The Editor opens on the primary monitor when it does the small open change... I usually open the editor on the secondary monitor. If I open and close the editor... it always open correctly (on the secondary monitor). I think it is when all excel files are closed... upon re-opening, that's when I get the small look on the primary monitor in the top left corner.

Would be nice to get a solve for this...

Craig

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back