Thread: Macro or VB to copy entire worksheet from a closed file into the open file
Thanks Thanks: 0 Likes Likes: 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Macro or VB to copy entire worksheet from a closed file into the open file

Hello,

I've read a fewof the threads on how to do this but I think they are more involved in what Iam trying to do… I have a current XLSMfile. When the user opens it, I want to importa particular worksheet copied into the current file where I have formulas inplace to interrogate the new data.

Thank you!
    Mark

Board Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Macro or VB to copy entire worksheet from a closed file into the open file

Quote Originally Posted by anderma8 View Post
    Hello,

I've read a fewof the threads on how to do this but I think they are more involved in what Iam trying to do… I have a current XLSMfile. When the user opens it, I want to importa particular worksheet copied into the current file where I have formulas inplace to interrogate the new data.

Thank you!
    Mark
    Code:
    Private Sub Workbook_Open()
        Set WB_CopySource = Workbooks.Open("C:\Support\Test.xlsx")   ' Workbook to copy FROM
        WB_CopySource.Sheets("Sheet1").Select  ' Sheet to copy
        Sheets("Sheet1").Copy Before:=Workbooks(ThisWorkbook.Name).Sheets(1) ' Where to copy the sheet TO
        WB_CopySource.Close ' Close the other WB
    End Sub
    That should get you started
    Last edited by Steve_; May 21st, 2019 at 03:33 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Macro or VB to copy entire worksheet from a closed file into the open file

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm now working with your version as well as another and they both fail trying to paste to the open file, so I'm close... I'm working in Excel 2016 if that helps?

Some videos you may like

User Tag List