VLOOKUP Question

Cuzzaa

Board Regular
Hi everyone

I am using the code below to do a vlookup on a product code entered on sheet 'Dashboard', and then matching this product code on a separate sheet and pulling the matching cost through on 'Equipment Cost Lookup'.

The code I am using below works fine, but what I am trying to achieve is to update the code to include an if statement so that if it cannot match the product code in cell G46 to a product code in the table being looked up in 'Equipment Cost Lookup'!C7:E100' then I want to show text 'NOT FOUND' in cell J46 rather than it just staying blank as it currently is if it cannot match the product code in the VLOOKUP.

Code:
=IFERROR(VLOOKUP(G46,'Equipment Cost Lookup'!C7:E100,3,FALSE),0)

Is anyone able to help please? I hope this is a simple amendment but I cannot get my head around what code I need to add here.

Thank you in advance.

Excel Facts

Format cells as date
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+3 to format cells as date. (Shift 3 is the # sign which sort of looks like a small calendar).
Hi Cuzzaa,

I'm not sure if you mean VBA code or a standard worksheet formula :confused:

Assuming you're after the later try this (just need to change the zero if it errors out to what text you want):

=IFERROR(VLOOKUP(G46,'Equipment Cost Lookup'!C7:E100,3,FALSE),"Not Found")

Regards,

Robert

Upvote 0
Hi Cuzzaa,

I'm not sure if you mean VBA code or a standard worksheet formula :confused:

Assuming you're after the later try this (just need to change the zero if it errors out to what text you want):

Regards,

Robert

Thank you for your help, Robert.

If I change the false return value to Not Found that works, but the only thing is that I only need this to return Not Found if Cell G46 is also NOT blank, i.e. if there is text in the product code. Is there a way to add this check in the code below my friend?

Code:

Thank you once again for your assistance!

Upvote 0
You can use :

Code:
=IF(ISBLANK(G46),0,IFERROR(VLOOKUP(G46,'Equipment Cost Lookup'!C7:E100,3,FALSE),"Not Found"))

Upvote 0
You can use :

Code:
=IF(ISBLANK(G46),0,IFERROR(VLOOKUP(G46,'Equipment Cost Lookup'!C7:E100,3,FALSE),"Not Found"))

Thank you Sanjeev, that's great!

Can I ask another question...

How can I add one more condition within the below formula to check that G46 is NOT blank AND I46 contains a number greater than 0 (but ignores text) then return Not Found if my VLOOKUP can't match the data in G46? Is that possible?

Code:
[/QUOTE]

Upvote 0
=IF(ISBLANK(G46),0,IFERROR(VLOOKUP(G46,'Equipment Cost Lookup'!C7:E100,3,FALSE),IF(I46>0,"Not Found",""))

Upvote 0
=IF(ISBLANK(G46),0,IFERROR(VLOOKUP(G46,'Equipment Cost Lookup'!C7:E100,3,FALSE),IF(I46>0,"Not Found",""))

Thanks for your help! I have tried the code about but when entering I am presented with a error saying it looks like there's a typo and is trying to auto fix it (but when I click YES to auto fix formula it doesn't work)... please could you check this for me?

Upvote 0

Hi

Alternatively, what would be even better is instead of checking if I46 contains a number larger than 0, is there a way just to check if I46 contains a NUMBER not text then print Not Found if I46 contains a number but the product code in G46 is not found via the VLOOKUP? Does that make sense?

Upvote 0
Thanks for your help! I have tried the code about but when entering I am presented with a error saying it looks like there's a typo and is trying to auto fix it (but when I click YES to auto fix formula it doesn't work)... please could you check this for me?

Sanjeev,

I believe the below code works but the issue is that if cell I46 contains text then it still prints NOT FOUND, but I only need this to print NOT FOUND if cell I46 contains a NUMBER greater than 0 and ignores any text in this cell - is this possible?

Thank you so much in advance

Upvote 0
Sanjeev,

I believe the below code works but the issue is that if cell I46 contains text then it still prints NOT FOUND, but I only need this to print NOT FOUND if cell I46 contains a NUMBER greater than 0 and ignores any text in this cell - is this possible?

Thank you so much in advance

Nevermind, I managed to get this working.

Thanks again everyone for your help.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hat4Life

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back