Co-authored workbook audit trail

Max11

Hi all,

I'm a novice at excel and looking for someone with VBA experience to perhaps fill the gap. I have a workbook that has a unique identifier, a name, a date and a dependent dropdown menu (stage and status) for every row. I'm looking to keep in a separate spreadsheet an audit trail of changes to this. I'm hoping to see that unique identifier, name and the stage+status as well as the date so we can keep track of how the case progressed throughout it's life cycle. Is there any way to accomplish that?

Thanks in advance!

Excel Facts

Move date out one month or year
Use =EDATE(A2,1) for one month later. Use EDATE(A2,12) for one year later.
Absolutely. Can you please elaborate more though? Walk me through the process in your head. Tell me exactly how you see the process from the users perspective. Tell me what exactly should happen. And when it should happen.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi Steve,

I think this is a high-level flow of what I'm looking for:

- User opens workbook and navigates to the relevant Unique Id/Item name
- User will "update" the stage and status to reflect current values
- User will input the "stage & status" date so we have a record of when the change was made
- on the backend, I'm hoping their can be a code that copies the whole line's value (including items not modified such as unique ID) so that this "step" is recorded

An easier way to put this is that I want a snapshot of every stage/status/comments for every time someone makes a change and modifies the status date. Almost like a copy/paste of that particular line at that particular stage in a separate workbook so I can then report on average times per stage or for the entire process for a unique ID.

Let me know if you require more details.

Upvote 0
Bump! not sure if anyone is able to help I'm still hoping for someone with VBA experience to assist!

Upvote 0
Hi everyone - Sorry to keep bringing this up but I haven't yet really received a reply. Looking for someone with expertise to lend a helping hand on this one as I'm in over my head.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spamiki

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back