Alternative to Text Boxes

bruntonomo

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
I am creating a standard operating procedures manual for my employees. Needless to say there is a lot of text, and Word would be a more appropriate tool for this project. However, Word has a critical shortcoming as it does not allow freeze frames like Excel (I do not want to use Split View). My idea is to have a drop down menu at the top inside a frozen pane so that the user can navigate to any part of the document at any time (fixed header). This is the only thing tying me to Excel. I do not have the liberty to use WordPress or any other web based avenue. I'm 'stuck' with Office products.

With this being said, my problem is that I found out text boxes in Excel do not allow you to use multiple hyperlinks in a single text box (what a strange quirk). I would have to make a separate text box for every single link in the document to make it work, and that would be an absolute nightmare. Is there an alternative to working with text in Excel that is not a complete pain? I need to be able to align text in paragraphs and utilize hyperlinks to link to other parts of the document. I would love something like text boxes, but isn't a text box.

Any suggestions?

Excel Facts

Fastest way to copy a worksheet?
Hold down the Ctrl key while dragging tab for Sheet1 to the right. Excel will make a copy of the worksheet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlosWin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back