Conditional formatting

jwgreen1986

Board Regular
just a little help needed.

3 tables on one worksheet that change depending on what is selected from drop downs. is it possible to look up the values from the first table (sales for advisers at a selected site) and then highlight certain fields in the other two tables?

so id like it to look at that site in my first table and then highlight this on the second table which shows all sites. just bold will do.

then i would like it to look at the sales adviser from the first table and highlight this person in the third table which lists all sale advisers at all sites.

i would also like it to automatically apply the formats. so if the site is changed it will change which people are highlighted in the other tables.

i just feel that this will make it easier for people to look at. so if they are looking at their site stats it is then easy to see how there site is doing vs the other sites, or to see where their sales advisers are in the table which lists all advisers.

Excel Facts

Can you AutoAverage in Excel?
There is a drop-down next to the AutoSum symbol. Open the drop-down to choose AVERAGE, COUNT, MAX, or MIN
Hi,
I'm not sure if I've got exactly what you're trying to do but here's my tuppence worth anyway.
Create two dropdowns, one for Sites (A1) and one for Sales Advisers (A2). Have these populate from the tables so that they will update if the data changes.
Set conditional formatting on all cells in Table1 and Table2 that contain Site information as Cell Value = A1
Set conditional formatting on all cells in Table1 and Table3 that contain Sales Adviser information as Cell Value = A2
Set whatever formats you want in these rules.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ED38

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back